back to article CIOs: What jobs do you have to fill before you can get on with yours?

You’ve snagged the top job and you’re now defining the digital future not just for IT, but for your entire company. But without the right team to pull it all together, you’re going to get precisely...nowhere. That’s why the first Register Roundtable of 2015 will be asking: How do you build and keep a winning team? Who do you …

1. asdf
    Trollface

trollin on a Friday getting paid

Could care less about CIOs because for the most part I could always tell the business students in my software classes (they would turn in programs that wouldn't even compile) but Hannibal Smith from the original A-Team was the coolest mofo on 1980s TV. And sorry hoff buddy but the car got top billing.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. oolor
      Holmes

Re: trollin on a Friday getting paid

Second coolest. Murdoch was the coolest. Totally sold everyone that he was crazy. The only one who knew better was the only one crazier. Don't you love it when a plan comes together? ;)

Hannibal is the only one who knows Murdoch is sane, and solely Murdoch knows Hannibal is perpetually on the jazz

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What do CIO's do anyway?

Quite honestly, I haven't been able to figure it out myself.

Before they supposedly go on to figure out what jobs they need to fill, maybe they should figure out what is their own job description. Other than being the inept CEO's leg-humping buddy, that is.

1. captain veg Silver badge

Re: What do CIO's do anyway?

So far as I can tell, the only requirement -- and it's a biggy -- is the ability to persuade finance to spunk unfeasible quantities of dosh on the latest technology fad.

-A.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A plea to any CIOs reading this...

Please, please learn something about IT. It wasn't taught on your MBA, but it does matter and it is used in your company.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who do you need

I hope you've got a "People with loads of certifications" checkbox for the Spanish based respondents.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon