back to article It's LUNACY, you SWINE! Er, what, security? Moonpig DOT GONE

This was the week when London-based tacky, personalised card biz Moonpig exposed three million customers' personal records and partial credit card details for almost 18 months, after the security flaw in its system had been reported. The mega cockup was first spotted by developer Paul Price, who quietly flagged up the glitch …

1. MrT

Water, water, everywhere...

Quoting Judiciary Pag...

"I've heard a lot worse," he said.

He scratched his crotch reflectively.

"Freeeow," he said. He took another sip of water, then held it up to the light and frowned at it. He twisted it round.

"Hey, is there something in this water?" he said.

"Er, no, m'lud," said the Court Usher who had brought it to him, rather nervously.

"Then take it away," snapped Judiciary Pag, "and put something in it. I got an idea."

Maybe once the water has been extracted, the solids are sent off to the Hershey 3D printer?

2. jake Silver badge

Uh ...

... is there an app for all that?

(That's sarcasm, if you are wondering. There is no app for sarcasm. Understanding sarcasm implies actually thinking about the subject matter.)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Some comments...

"Whoever architected this system needs to be waterboarded."

No, Mr Price, nobody needs to be waterboarded.

Waterboarding is torture, fancy a dip yourself to see what you are offering?

The Moonpig flaw might be bad, but come on get a grip.

Your opinions are now worthless to me for evermore Mr Price.

Bankers being wankers, move on, nothing new and nothing will change.

El Reg repeating some bullshit about UKIP not paying their ISP bill when they had. For shame EL Reg, for shame.

Care.data, keep banging the drum El Reg, well done. See, I'm not just a hater!

I reckon Bill the Third deserves a bit of credit for his humanitarian work, again well done EL Reg for giving a bit of credit to a much maligned billionaire. It would be nice if he spent a few quid fixing the useless Windows error messages though!.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Some comments...

"No, Mr Price, nobody needs to be waterboarded."

Well...maybe people who invent and use big words like "architected" instead of built or designed, in an attempt to sound all clever and technical could be waterboarded to teach them a lesson.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Thumb Up

Well...maybe people who invent and use big words like "architected"

Amen! I've always preferred engineered though but then again, maybe those idiots that create insecure, bug-ridden, over-budget, over-time, etc. products really are architected. Look pretty but don't work at all right.

2. Dan 55 Silver badge

On the Moonpig flaw I logged in and removed as much account info as I could and made the rest of it nonsense but I couldn't find any card details as Mr Price suggested. Perhaps he's exaggerating things a little?

4. Richard Jones 1
    Happy

Water Recycling

Water recycling has been going on for years, if the process is being improved for use in more water short locations, great. If the less liquid products are rendered safe for other down stream uses even better, but can I please stand up wind until others confirm that the drier bit is not how it usually is?

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: Water Recycling

I suspect water recycling has been going on since we got water, otherwise we wouldn't have any.

The dinosaurs would have drunk it all

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Time dilation?

>"This was the week when [...] Moonpig [...did something...] for almost 18 months"

They must have been moving at relativistic velocities then!

1. Martin-73 Silver badge

Re: Time dilation?

Insert comment about relativistic flying pigs

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like