back to article CES: WELCOME YOUR ROBOT OVERLORDS... and, er, co-workers

Las Vegas. The strip. A blight on the American desert until you've sunk a few margaritas, ideally by 11am, when suddenly you'll find it all makes sense. Or so your humble hack has heard. If you've ever been to Sin City, especially during a mega-convention like CES 2015, you can perhaps forgive one tech biz for preferring to …

1. Mark 85

That's just what we need....

Co-worker face bots chasing around the building (or home if that's where you work) and watching everything you do. I'm thinking stairs will be a problem so there's a shot at some quiet time.

On the other hand, I guess you can chase them around also.

1. MrDamage Silver badge

Look on the bright side

At least there wont be a murder charge should you be tempted to take a pipe wrench to the face of whoever is following you around.

2. Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: That's just what we need....

Hehe... Watch when the bots start applying the disability and equality legislation to deal with the stairs problem.

2. WonkoTheSane

It's been done...

Someone in USA (due to last minute illness) was able to attend last year's World SciFi Convention at London Excel using one of these.

3. big_D Silver badge

Welcome back to 1993

Those things look identical to the telepresence units used in Demolition Man!

Be well!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Welcome back to 1993

Or slightly earlier - Holly in Red Dwarf?

4. LucreLout
    Facepalm

Just brilliant....

The only break I get from some of my more annoying colleagues is their working from home day. The last thing I want is these clowns rolling up to my desk like a personality deficient pound shop Dalek and bugging me.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As an aside, my co-workers and I would like to know ... exactly how does one ork a cow?

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

Re: "exactly how does one ork a cow?"

you might start with flowers and light poetry, although the cow will just nibble the flowers while you read. The second stage is more difficult because it typically takes FOREVER to get the cow to use the trapeze properly...

6. d2

at work&at play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIoeBpSeU4

The Big Bang Theory - Sheldon as a Robot

1:01

Canal de TBBTVideos

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like