back to article Suits vs ponytailed hipsters: What's next for enterprise IT

After all the predictions I read about 2015 (and many of them are pretty ridiculous) I can’t help but make my own, which I will approach in a totally different manner, using common sense first and trying to make an "anti-prediction" for enterprise IT in 2015. 100 per cent flash Flash dominance? It won’t happen any time soon. …

1. calmeilles

Ponytailed hipsters in suits.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hipsters don't have ponytails

1. WraithCadmus
      WTF?

Correct Ali, around Shoreditch I am seeing the rise of the Manbun instead.

2. breakfast Silver badge

Indeed, it seems to me that they typically display their follicular excesses on the other side of their heads.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Indeed, I was told to cut my hair (which i tie back when in suit, kept neat and have had long since 12) to better progress. This was not in some small shop either, think a major networking vendor.

After taking a quick look through the conference room glass walls at the brigades of pink shirts, faux 5 o'clock shadows and pointy shoes that even sideshow bob would find overkill I politely informed them to sod off.

That still was not enough and pushing was continued until i again had to point out in that case that the short haired women making the suggestion should have to grow her's long then and then pondered what the rank and file at the company's largest office would think about it given most of them turn up looking like they have just come from the beach when not in front of customers.

Surprisingly after backing down i have since had two promotions because you know its the work that counts not the brand of your lavender shirt. AC because although it may not sound like it i like my job and company.

4. admiraljkb
      Joke

"Hipsters don't have ponytails"

Indeed. Current "Hipsters" seem to wear suits and ties. :)

(and no, I'm not sure if I'm joking or not either, but I've been seeing a weird trend starting in my neck of the woods...)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

Maybe they design websites,....

..that have fucking massive duplicate pictures that are there for no other reason than just to be there and fill up the page, no matter how pointless and irrelevant the picture is.

4. jake Silver badge

In other words, marketing hype will fail. Again.

Running code trumps all ...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think the two identical pictures of shipping containers is very clever indeed and I'm pleased I used extra data allowance downloading it twice. I'm just off to clear my browser cache so I can download it again. Twice.

6. clockwork.satan

Hey, I've got a ponytail (when I'm at work) and have done for more than ten years. I ain't no hair-bunned, bearded, knitwear-donned hipster, grrr!

1. earl grey
      Trollface

knitwear

Oh, I thought you said kiltwear...never mind.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Hey, I've got a ponytail (when I'm at work).....

I'm intrigued, does it turn into a mullet at night?

3. Donkey Molestor X

we've killed the word "hipster". we've killed it so dead. when a slight preference for certain types of deployment technologies can make you a hipster then every damn thing is a hipster.

What was it Syndrome said in The Incredibles again? "When everyone's a hipster... NO ONE will be."

7. Cubical Drone

Need to deploy more of these.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like