back to article US tech titan CSC slapped with $190m penalty

IT giant CSC has been slapped with a $190m (£122m) penalty by US regulator the Securities and Exchange Commission following a probe into the firm's accounting practices. The investigation was opened in 2011, mainly into the firm's European outsourcing unit - including revenue from its troubled NHS contract negotiations between …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

CSC

LOL.

1. elip

Re: CSC

Amen. The worst of the worst. As a naive, ignorant, and broke-as-hell lad, I took my first position with CSC. Shortly after, upper-management frantically started calling each one of the people in my group, asking if they would be as kind as to "edit" the last 2 years of their timesheets to make it appear we're actually meeting our contractual obligations on a specific account. With the amount of shit that they pulled, and their reputation among their customers, frankly, I'm shocked they're still in business.

2. Turtle

Fines This Large...

Any actions meriting a fine this large needs to have prison sentences to go along with it. Both for the responsible executives (for obvious reasons) and the board of directors (for, at the very least, negligence - a directorship is not or rather should not be free money to the the cronies of the managing execs and major stockholders.)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Fines This Large...

And it's us UK Taxpayers who funded the £1.6 billion they wrote off as well, you don't think they fronted the money to develop the NHS fiasco themselves do you?

1. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

I don't think that any company running the dirtiest hospitals in England have ever had threats of gaol, so why should a USANian company worry about a few shillings in the Americas?

It's not as if we have guns and visas.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Dirty hospitals?

CSC might have made a mess of the NHS software, but that mess didn't drip out of the USB ports and onto the floor...

There are many services CSC offers to its customers, floor cleaning is not one of them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like