back to article Google rams Landfill Android into Indian Ocean folks' faces

Three new emerging nations have been added to the list of places getting Google's budget phone version of Android. Android One will now be available in Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka, although the promised launch in Pakistan - planned before Christmas - has been put back. The three new countries add an audience of 200m to …

1. Nigel 11

Mark-up?

Karbonn Sparkle UK (Amazon) price as linked is £130, which is more like $200 than $100. At that price why would anyone buy one of these?

2. RankingRoger
    FAIL

Landfill Android?

The ones I have seen are actually pretty decent for a entry level phone. I can't even believe people are still using that pathetic term. Did the Moto G not show them ANYTHING about what can be achieved at retail for £120.

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Re: Landfill Android?

It's The Reg's attempt at a clever bit of clickbait. It was slightly relevant a couple of years ago for phones that generally had insufficient hardware for the OS, now it's just jarringly patronising.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

It's The Reg's attempt at a clever bit of clickbait. It was slightly relevant a couple of years ago for phones that generally had insufficient hardware for the OS, now it's just jarringly patronising.

Reminds me of the site redesign

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

This year I bought a Huawei phone for £45 that has a lower spec than this so-called Landfill Android and it works perfectly fine. I honestly don't know why people spend hundreds on these things.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like