back to article BlackBerry CEO Chen says to expect profits ... in 2016

In a conference call with financial analysts on Friday, BlackBerry CEO John Chen said the firm kept costs under control and even eked out a meager profit in the third quarter of its fiscal 2015, but he couldn't hide that the ailing mobe-maker's revenues continued their steady decline. BlackBerry brought in revenues of $793m …

1. Cynicalmark
    FAIL

Lalalalala

back in the real world.......

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No way

Not going to happen. They're toast.

3. Jim84

Square the circle

Blackberry is still caught between a rock and hard place. Their devices have smaller screens due to the space the keyboard takes up, and even Apple has thrown in the towel and given people larger screens.

They could try to get around this by making a slide out keyboard phone (e.g. the Torch). But in the past these have always been fat, and the keyboard has been rubbish compared to those on the standard candybar Blackberrys. Unless they had do some engineering alchemy and produce a slider that is under 9.5mm thick and has a decent keyboard I think they are toast in the long term too, as the market for candybar Blackberries just isn't large enough on its own.

They should have three devices - a candybar phone with keyboard, a unicorn slider, and a iPhone alike without a physical keyboard (but with that trackpad button that the new classic has for placing the caret when editing text).

4. Vince

"Blackberry is still caught between a rock and hard place. Their devices have smaller screens due to the space the keyboard takes up, and even Apple has thrown in the towel and given people larger screens."

You've not been paying attention. I refer you to the Blackberry Z30, it has no "keyboard" and has a large screen. They also have a smaller Z10, also no keyboard.

Then they have the Passport (which I own, love and wouldn't swap) and the Classic which do have keyboards.

Some of us are quite happy with our Blackberry device, and don't feel like we're missing out - we just get stuff done.

1. XenonXZ

Love my Z30, best phone ive ever had, well... after my N900, which still lives and is used for work.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like