back to article Bletchley Park activates online donations

Our recent piece on some light tin-rattling by the Bletchley Park Trust aimed at raising cash for essential repairs to the home of the UK's wartime codebreakers prompted a few reader comments that the website didn't have an easy method for supporters to make donations. Well, the trust swiftly got its act together, and you can …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Craig
    Thumb Up

Registered Charity - Other Ways of Giving

I note that Bletchley Park Trust Ltd is a registered charity (1012743), and I'm not sure that their own online donations page supports Gift Aid which would allow the charity to claim back tax on the donation. Donors might like to consider using a site such as CAF Online (www.cafonline.org) to get the most bang for their buck (quid?)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Worthwhile visit

I've recently visited Bletchley Park and you can see where work is required on various huts but it doesn't take anything away from the experience. If you get the chance to visit I can highly recommend it as it's pretty incredible to find out first hand, the details of what was covertly done to help shorten the war.

There's also a small 'computer museum' where you can see and play with working computers from back in the day including the ZX81 and Commodore 64. Aside from the fun aspect, it was quite amusing to see computers that I played with during my childhood were now confined to a museum!

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Who, Me?

Gift Aid

The Bletchley Park donation page does allow you to use Gift Aid. CAF Online charges a 5% administration fee.

5. Sam Liddicott

too complicated

Donating is too complicated and takes too long and asks too many questions.

It should be as easy as paypal.

Sam

6. John Stag

Call me when they get paypal...

I'm still not sure they understand what "easy" is.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

I agree, Sam

But I HAVE made a donation. However, I think PayPal should be one of the payment options.

8. John

What is..

Bletchley Park?

- a Yank.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!

As a citizen of the US on the left coast, there isn't much war time historia to view outside of air museums (thanks for the Hurricane's and Spitfires!). Those of you in the UK/Europe should take advantage of these memorials to the great efforts of past fathers. We do have some large gun emplacements here in Washington, but the guns are gone and they didn't do anything NEAR as critical as what went on at Bletchley.

9. Moss Icely Spaceport
    Alert

But?

Is their donation page properly encrypted?

10. Mike Davies
    Black Helicopters

Encrypted ?

You'd like to think so really :)

11. Slaine

419 er

But first, John - Bletchley Park was THE foremost codebreaking establishment of the 2nd World War, based here in bloody Blighty and fully operational long before Pearl Harbour dragged the US into the conflict and without which we'd all be speaking German now.

Now, the joke... "Dear concerned patron, wee are desperately needing to rebuild and protect owr valuable historikal asset and need to atrakt donations worth 1,000,000 pounds sterling and because we have been told that you are a sensitive and caring member of the public we are asking you to help. Pleese send us yourbanking details and I am sure that we can sneak you in on the cheap next time you visit."

This topic is closed for new posts.