back to article Irish donkey sex case shocks net

Netizens have reacted with a mixture of horror and disbelief to a story which recently appeared on Galway First entitled "Lonely man brought donkey to hotel room, court told". We say recently, because the stampede of surfers rushing down to check the outrage for themselves appears to have brought down galwayfirst.ie. No matter …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Colin Jackson

Heh.

Hmmm.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Classic

Funny on so many levels... Why does the Unlawful Accommodation of Donkeys Act 1837 even exist!?!!

Superb Friday article.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

why the long face?

How the hell did they let him check in? Super rabbit? With hooves?

Kinky Kelly needs his head examined. Irish interspecies erotica...

4. Michael O'Malley

Donkey report is making an ass of you

The Irish donkey sex case was a joke article. As a major hint for people of very little brain, note the name of the receptionist in the story - Ms. Legova . There is of course no Unlawful Accommodation of Donkeys Act 1837.

This is a thing we Irish call "humour". You should try it sometime, it's a laugh.

The British always had trouble with Irish humour. A century ago, British writers reported how Irish peasants addressed their social betters. They did not say Sir and Madam, but "Sor" and "Mam". It was assumed that they were uneducated, and knew no better.

The Irish peasants were being funny. In the Irish language, "sor" means a louse, while "mam" means a tit (as in bra, not tree). Touching the forelock to the passing gentry, they were saying loudly "Good day, louse and tit."

And the English-speaking gentry were pleased to see all the smiling Irish faces repeating the greeting as they passed.

5. Oliver

Surely a mistake

"Irina Legova" surely that must be Ivana Legova!

6. Greg Nelson

Same thing happened to me

No matter the species or the gender you have to either buy them dinner first or pay them afterward. It's just that simple.

7. Chaz

Funny that, I was in the same court that day and missed this one !

Can you lot show me link to a UK act named

The Unlawful Accommodation of Donkeys Act 1837

seeing as Ireland was part of the UK at the time ?? I suspect not really.

I am not sure which editor is the biggest muppet here so either:

1. its christmas , Ho ! Ho! Ho!

or

2. Its april 1st meaning some pesky Alien has interfered with W32Time on my PC .

8. coreyfro

Sung to the tune of "Funky Crimes" by RHCP

DONKEY CRIMES!

DON! KEY! CRIMES!

Don't you know folks is color blind,

When I commit a Donkey Crime!

9. Alan Riaso

You Halfwits

This article was published in a startup publication in Galway that has only been in existence for about 6 weeks, and is struggling badly with its circulation.

They obviously have a few tricks up their sleeve as regards publicity but it will inevitably fold, as the publication itself is embarrassingly bad. It's littered with spelling mistakes, horrendous grammar and shall we say "factual inaccuracies".

The appetite of the average Net user to believe stuff like this amazes me. The Borat movie is the obvious inspiration for this publicity stunt, but in this case the Joke is not on the "U.S and A" but the Net in general.

10. Graham Lockley

Bloody XP !!

Sodding MS cr*p !!

The calendar insists its March 3rd yet after reading this article I KNOW its April 1st ;)

11. Connie Turbine

Sour grapes from Alan

Love the article by Alan Riaso. Six weeks. If you read the site it's only two weeks up and running and it's great. Inevitably fold? The same shower of wasters have seven or eight papers and none of them have folded yet. It's not the Dublin Daily News, you know.

I heard they broke even on issue two, so to quote Gerry Adams, they're not going away you know. As for struggling with circulation, they gave out 35,000.

Im bursting me hole laughing at this week's court cases. And the apologies they have are priceless.

12. StillNoCouch

I think I know her !

I wept when I read this touching story of a Man and his Donkey.

I remember prom night too.

Nothing but the stars in the sky, the wind in our hair and the smell of tanning oil upon our bodies as we lay there, content ... in the after-glow of having kicked the daylights out of the mini-bar. We were young then ...

... Oh, the memories !

This topic is closed for new posts.