back to article Guy Kawasaki's guide to social media, Hanif Kureishi's cash crash catharsis and more

El Reg bookworms Lucy Orr and Mark Diston look at publishing's quirkier offerings this week. We have Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick on how to catch the "social disease", Hanif Kureishi on how to lose a personal fortune, and the hilarious CD Rose on how to sink without trace in publishing. The Art of Social Media: Power Tips …

1. Cipher

These seem to be the books referenced...

Ecclesiastes 12:12

And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books [there is] no end; and much study [is] a weariness of the flesh.- King James Version

2. Warm Braw

Is this the same Guy Kawasaki...

... who recently had a job creating a Google+ mobile device community?

I, for one, am overawed that he should be sharing the secret of his success.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Is this the same Guy Kawasaki...

He shoulda stuck to making motorcycles...

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Re: Is this the same Guy Kawasaki...

Then he'd be 'green' with envy.

{Only bikers would get the joke}

3. Nya

Or probably more famed for the foundations of what became those annoying &£%^s called Apple fanbois. Back then he had the "evengelist" group in the late 80's and through the 90's which he used to rile up the far fewer fanbois in those days to attack any site, reviewer or anything else who even hinted a bad word at Apple.

4. jake Silver badge

Kawasaki on the original MacIntosh:

"Lets get it into schools, and get the kids hooked on it! It'll be better than heroin!"

I was at that meeting. Turned me off to marketing forever.

5. Howard Hanek

On social media I froth so much writing text messages that I destroy devices at an incredible rate. Does anyone have a solution? Else it's back to crayons and snail mail.

1. Frankee Llonnygog

Re: Does anyone have a solution?

Get a waterproof device. Or retrain as an espresso machine.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

I thought the secret of social medyah

was to post endless pictures of meals and cats. Seriously people, it's a fucking cat, the fact it's sat on a shelf / sofa, table, window ledge or anything else, does NOT make an interesting post, it's fucking boring! As for showing a plate of food, really, I don't fucking care...really and I don't give a shit you are having a meal at <insert restaurant> with someone I've never heard of!.

<Rant over>

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like