back to article Mmmmffll-CHOMP: I won? Reg reader to have CHOC-TASTIC YEAR

A choc-a-rific cheer for Reg reader Toby Fenton, who won The Register's compo prize of a year’s subscription to creamy confection dispensers Cocoa Runners. Toby got all the answers to the questions right... So what were they? Cocoa beans are known as 20:20 because they grow from 20 degrees north and south of the equator. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Mmmm chocolate....

...had one of those boxes, the Pump Street one was divine, but some of the others tasted no better than Tesco value milk chocolate. As they are "artisan" brands, I guess I'm not supposed say that am I? Next I'll be saying people can't tell the difference between Aldi wine and Chateux overpirced or super-mega oxygen free, white gold cables and a coat hanger.

Emperors new clothes, never!

Still, jealous? Me? Never!

1. psychonaut

Re: Mmmm chocolate....

Agreed...especially with the speaker cables....still...he's a git anyway!

2. Harry the Bastard

"A small fifth morsel of chocolate is supplied so that you can introduce a friend."

or eat it yourself, more chocolate == better

3. MrWibble

Thanks to this headline, I'm just nipping out to get a Chomp - anyone want anything?

In fact, I think I'd rather have a box of Chomps every month that this "artisan" bollocks. I'm all class, me!

4. Adolph Clickbait

Perfect timing

For the high fat diet

5. Anonymous IV

Tasting notes?

Something more complicated than:

1) remove wrapping

2) insert orally

3) savour

?

1. Sebastian A

Re: Tasting notes?

Oh, orally, that's where I was going wrong...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Have you noticed...

...How the size of chocolate bars are shrinking? And tins of chocolates as well! I've still got a tin of Quality Street from 1992 (the tin, not the Chocs) and on the side it says weight including wraps 2Kg/1.93Kg net!

Now they've shrunk to about 750g a tin!...ROBBING BASTARDS!

1. AbelSoul
      Trollface

Re: Have you noticed...

I've still got a tin of Quality Street from 1992 (the tin, not the Chocs) and on the side it says weight including wraps 2Kg/1.93Kg net!

Now they've shrunk to about 750g a tin!...ROBBING BASTARDS!

That's only because they banned the use of lead in the wrapping paper.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Have you noticed...

Cadbury introduced the "new look" bar just after they paid a shit load of cash for the Olympic rights, and coincidently dropped several grammes in the process.

7. Stevie

Bah!

Send all your too-pedestrian-for-my-refined-palate Cadbury's products to me and I'll show you what a yob I am by eating them and making "I'm having the most fun I can with my clothes on" noises.

"Artisan". The most over-used word in the new millennium marketers' lexicon.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bah!

Agree, have a friend who says a bakers near where I used to live doesn't make "proper" bread, despite making it the same way for almost 200 years, but the gluten free, soy and rye seed with a dash of olive oil and ginsing is "proper" bread. I think it's because that baker has a beard, NHS style glasses and uses "products" in his hair, oh, as well as charging 10x the price.

1. Triggerfish

Re: Bah!

Oh I dunno I wouldn't turn down the Cadburys, but there's something to be said for Green & Blacks Mayan Gold.

8. Nick Pettefar

Is it as good as Hotel Chocolat?

This topic is closed for new posts.