back to article El Reg reanimates Cash'n'Carrion merchandising tentacle

We're pleased to announce that we've reanimated our merchandising tentacle Cash'n'Carrion, so Reg fans can once again get a fix of top-notch Vulture Central kit. Back when it was all fields round here, I was involved in setting up the original emporium, so I'm dead chuffed that we're back in the business of punting quality …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Had a sneaky look at work and got

Based on your corporate access policies, access to this web site ( http://cashncarrion.co.uk/ ) has been blocked because the web category "Gambling" is not allowed.

1. Jedit Silver badge

"the web category "Gambling" is not allowed"

Ah, so El Reg will be shipping with DPD then.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: "the web category "Gambling" is not allowed"

Must be regional since DPD are the best couriers IMHO. They tell you when they're going to arrive and you can even track where the van in online.

Contrast this with Yodel who are a bit crazy, MyHermes who are downright terrible and Royal Mail who are the epitome of an over-unionised inflexible service. Sorting office closes at 5pm except for one late opening a week.

1. Jedit Silver badge

"Must be regional since DPD are the best couriers IMHO"

Perhaps it is. But I can only go with what I know, and of around ten parcels I've had shipped to me by DPD only one has arrived on schedule. Because their local collection depot is inaccessible to me as a non-driver I have to be home for those deliveries, so all in all I've wasted at least a week's leave waiting for parcels that never arrived.

My experience with Royal Mail is also the opposite of yours. Their local sorting office is open until 7pm every weekday, 8pm Wednesday, and it even opens on Sunday. A lot of stuff also gets deposited at the local post office just down the street, which as part of a corner shop stays open until 6.30.

1. Androgynous Cupboard Silver badge

Re: "Must be regional since DPD are the best couriers IMHO"

So long as we all agree that CityLink are troupe of inebriated, juggling clowns masquerading as couriers I'm happy.

1. D@v3

Re: Inclined to agree relating to

ShityLink.

I find Royal Mail to be pretty good (however living round the corner from the sorting office has it's advantages), and even Yodel (seem to) have improved recently, but "Those c*nts in the green and yellow vans" well, says it all really.

2. Otto is a bear.

Good old Royal mail

Upvote for that. Royal Mail have always provided me with the best service, a nearby sorting office I can visit if I need to, delivery to the village post office if I can't, all the rest require a major trek, phone calls to unfriendly call centres and a delight in annoying my neighbours.

My posty is also chatty, friendly and polite and does not shove the parcel in my hand and run.

Have to admit Yodel is also bizzare.

2. Winkypop Silver badge
      Unhappy

Re: Had a sneaky look at work and got

Me too:

Based on your organization's access policies, access to this web site ( http://cashncarrion.co.uk/ ) has been blocked because the web category "Gambling" is not allowed.

....waiting for call from HR now.

2. Vortex
    Pint

Excellent beerworthy news

But will you be selling Nuclear keyrings again? And my "Rockall....Where the Sea is British" tee shirt needs replacing.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Excellent beerworthy news

OMG - I forgot about those. I bought one once. Lost it somewhere in a campsite in Wales, so obviously useful to help find keys in dark.

I still have my Black and Silver Tee I cadged for free in 2005.

2. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Still got a nuclear keyring myself. No ideas what the half life is, but it's probably a long-term heirloom item.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

ISTR some issue with exporting them to the states because of their radioactive goods category? Or am I dreaming this?

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Re: Excellent beerworthy news

Yup, our Stateside readers were most annoyed.

1. Steve Aubrey

Not just "were", but actualy "are" most annoyed.

Somebody decided that a bit of tritium on a watch dial is fine, but on a different tool it's unacceptably dangerous. Baah, humbug!

2. S4qFBxkFFg

12.32 years

I've had mine for ~8 years, and it still works as intended.

3. Roger Garner
    Thumb Up

Needs some sort of poster highlighting El Reg Units surely?

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Considering the price of the fsck'ing moleskin notebook I don't think I'd be able to afford it!

1. S4qFBxkFFg

Digging up the moles is hard/expensive work.

4. Ben Bonsall

There is no blood stain in that stairwell... I'm assuming the non-duplex t shirt printer hasn't arrived yet?

1. SolidSquid

They're just heading upstairs to sign the invoice paperwork. It needs to be dropped of at the mail box on the top landing with the dodgy light fitting

5. Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik

Where's the baseball cap or something along those lines...

6. SolidSquid

Surprised you didn't go with one of the swiss army knives with a phillips screwdriver on it, they're the perfect size for opening up your pc case if you don't have a proper screwdriver on hand

1. The Original Steve

Agree - a rebranded Cybertool or similar would be awesome.

7. OzBob

What no BOFH?

And the polos are sold out already.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What no BOFH?

does Cash'n'Carrion stock rolls of carpet and quicklime?

2. Ike Aramba

Re: What no BOFH?

How much would a BOFH branded cattle prod cost?

8. Thomas 4

El Reg Pint Glass with Vulture logo

C'mon guys, I thought you were IT professionals here. Priorities! =p

9. Ilmarinen
    Headmaster

/steel

the "Classic Reg" 500ml steel bottle looks like an ally one to me.

1. Frederic Bloggs

Re: /steel

And I know that red is a house colour an all, but red bottles are for fuel, blue for water.

1. Bloakey1

"And I know that red is a house colour an all, but red bottles are for fuel, blue for water."

Correct, the one behind me contains alcohol for my Trangia. But, but... Why not place menthylated spirits in the bottle? This is both a fuel for the fire and for the soul.

2. davemcwish

Re: House colours

and I thought that [insert your favourite caffeine based beverage] was fuel for late night programmers no ?

2. Mystic Megabyte
      Unhappy

It looks a bit heavy, 2,571.87 kB worth of pixels to lug around

10. Camilla Smythe

Bike Pron

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0551/7621/products/Flask2.png?v=1415964935

Don't suppose that would fit the bottle cage of a push bike.. And while I'm at it,

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0551/7621/products/torch2.png?v=1416218981

Any specs, lifetime for rechargeable batteries and possible flash modes. Also any mounting hardware for handlebars and have you got similar in red for the rear?

11. Terry Cloth
    Go

Add the Reg version of the classic

A nice, hefty mug with El Reg's logo on one side, and ``Keep Calm and Carrion'' on the other. I'd pay £10 for one.

12. Not That Andrew

Any chance of stocking the classic BOFH O'Really T-shirts (or mugs), like "Distributing Clue To Users" "LART Pocket Reference" and "Windows Infernal File Systems"?

13. Topsy
    FAIL

Broken html

Err ... here's the source from the FAQ page, spot the error

The Register’s privacy policy can be found <a href="http://www.theregister.co.uk/about/company/privacy/">here</a>

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Will this stuff take as long to deliver as my LOHAN tankard?

*wink*

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

I sincerely hope not. The poor guy's working his way through 140 of 'em, by hand.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where?

Where is the Carrion sourced, local or just anywhere on the M25?

16. Nick Pettefar

No Pocket

The Polo shirt needs a pocket for the On-Call mobile and company badge.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My Conspiracy Theory? t-shirt is still in fine condition given its age.

Would like to see some O'Really or Whalesong Boutique shirts or mugs. Espcieally the latter given how ridiculous my companies rebranding has become in the past year.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon