back to article Rare Stegosaurus skeleton moves into plush London pad

London's Natural History Museum will be displaying the world's most complete Stegosaurus skeleton from early next month. The 300 Jurassic bones making up the plant-eating dino were dug up 11 years ago in Wyoming, US. When fully assembled, it measures 560 centimetres long and 290 centimetres tall. The animal is understood to …

1. Whiskers

That's Natural History Museum

National History Museum? Surely not!

<http://www.nhm.ac.uk/>

1. Vociferous

Re: That's Natural History Museum

This kind of thing never happened when it was called the British Museum of Natural History!

2. Havin_it

That really is pretty unforgivable. Who is "Team Register "anyway, the YTS kid?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

...to which I can only add "isn't it 'carked it' rather that carped it"?

1. Vic

isn't it 'carked it' rather that carped it"?

That might depend on whether or not you're a Perl programmer...

Vic.

2. frank ly

" ... weighed as much as a 4x4 vehicle"

How many fridges is that?

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

Re: " ... weighed as much as a 4x4 vehicle"

"How many fridges is that?"

Depends on the mass of the comet.

2. Mark 85

Depends on if it's the two-door side-by-side size, one over the other size, apartment size, under the bar size, or commercial size. I doubt if it's there really huge walk-in type.

Does El Reg need a standard for refrigerator sizes now? Maybe one that will one sheep or two?

1. Rich 11

Does El Reg need a standard for refrigerator sizes now? Maybe one that will one sheep or two?

How about standardising on a fridge capable of holding enough beer for four people for a weekend? To get the beer per person value, divide the volume of beer drunk in the UK each weekend by the number of adults in the population, round it up to crates or firkins, then double it and add three*.

*Standard project task resource/duration modifer.

3. Big-nosed Pengie

Can we have that in football fields please?

1. Eddy Ito

It depends, are we talking WWII era Willys MB or a Zetros 1833?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Personally I was disappointed not to see the lung capacity in Bulgarian Airbags.

4. Andy The Hat Silver badge

" " ... weighed as much as a 4x4 vehicle"

How many fridges is that?"

Everyone knows a Range Rover has a fridge beside the gun cabinet to chill the champers ... therefore, logically, the RR is a fridge ... therefore, mathematically speaking:-

1 4x4 vehicle = 1 fridge

and furthermore

1 stegosaurus = 1 fridge

However, identification of the fridge as European or African in origin is required for formal determination of capacity ...

3. graeme leggett Silver badge

I wonder where they will put it

The dinosaur area hasn't really changed in about 15 years. Perhaps they'll use the opportunity for a refresh.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I wonder where they will put it

Perhaps they could be very 21st century and get some sponsorship from Facebook or Yahoo. They would seem to fit nicely with the theme.

I often go just for a wander round the building; a really remarkable and unique place that main hall in itself, even without the contents.

1. Swarthy
        Trollface

Re: I wonder where they will put it

If you're looking for a tech Co to sponsor this Display, wouldn't Microsoft be a better choice, seeing as how they're the dinosaur of the tech industry....

4. goodjudge

No clue about how it died?

I blame Xenu!

5. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

"It remains a mystery how this creature, which lived around 150 million years ago, carked it. "

Well, I'm no expert but...

"The Natural History Museum said that the skeleton was only missing the left arm and base of the tail."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon