back to article VIA revamps NanoBook sub-notebook platform

VIA has revised its NanoBook Small, Cheap Computer reference design to make it a little more like Asus' Eee PC. It also comes with a new name: OpenBook. The chipmaker had to change the name, of course. Having just launched its 'Isiah' 64-bit CPU as the Nano, folk would have assumed the sub-notebook design featured the new …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Better screen, but...

...WTF is up with the battery? All these sub-notebooks seems to have one irritating thing wrong with them.

2. Guy
    Alien

At least

They got rid of that stupid plug in handset thing besides the screen. That was a really stupid idea in the first place, who in the design department though that, that was a cool look?

Now all they need is a suitable model to demonstrate it's use in an everyday setting, say a kitchen drinking wine, or possibly another room in the house...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@At least

I've never seen a kitchen drinking wine. Would be novel, but not sure it would make me buy a laptop particularly...

Mine's the one with the red-wine stains

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

four-cell, "2600mA"

That's probably equivalent to the Asus 5200mAh battery, which is two sets of 2600mAh cells in series.

Of course none of this confusion would arise if people actually expressed these things in a unit of energy - watt-hours (Wh).

This topic is closed for new posts.