back to article Samsung: Every breath you take, every step you make, we'll be watching

Samsung really wants to be a key player in the much ballyhooed internet-of-things, but admits it can't do the job alone. It needs software developers to come up with ways to draw people into IoT – and has been showing off hardware it hopes someone will write some apps for. During the opening keynote of the Samsung Developers …

1. the spectacularly refined chap

Go screw yourself

This is the company that made my "smart" TV that tries to call home at least once an hour even when used for broadcast TV or as a monitor and oddly enough is unable to access any website when access to Samsung is blocked. And indeed advertise their equipment as being DLNA conformant despite requiring their (Windows only) proprietrary server software. Why is that exactly, and why is it not fraud?

It's also the company who can retrieve images of the last few pages from your printer without you even knowing about it as reported a couple of years ago.

I'm sorry, Sammy, I don't trust you and I will always avoid your products in future because you refuse to recognise that I am the customer, once I've bought it it's mine and I decide what goes on with my equipment.

2. Chairo
    Coat

Skin temperature 29 deg?

Obviously the wrist is not such a good place to measure body signals. It needs to be worn at a different place. Or maybe it needs some remote probe, that can be put into the ... mouth?!?

Coat please - no, no, not the one stuffed with all this electronics. Mine's the wearable and washable one.

1. John Tserkezis

Re: Skin temperature 29 deg?

"Or maybe it needs some remote probe, that can be put into the ... mouth?!?'

We need to measure your body temperature, bend over and relax, and we won't tell anyone, promise.

Trust us, we are Samsung.

3. Denarius
    Meh

a definite maybe

if one is not well or in heavy training. Tried a pulse and oxygen saturation monitoring kit for a high altitude flight a couple of years back. Any take off is always a bit stressful. Even experienced competition pilots feel it. The frequent squeals from heart rate monitor made me tear it off and once I am aviating, I do not play with cockpit distractions that should just work. Again, where does data go and how is that verified ? At home the firewall and proxy logs can tell me heaps but on a phone ? Now there is an app waiting to be coded. Traffic analyser and firewall for smart phone so you can see who is snooping.

4. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Coat

anyway, anyhow, anywhere

I can go anyway, way I choose

I can live anyhow, win or lose

I can go anywhere for something new

Anyway, anyhow, anywhere I choose

My Samsung will be making sure that I don't get fooled again

Mines the parka with an RAF roundel on the back perfect for riding my LI-150 that's adorned with 20 wing mirrors.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like