back to article Oracle gives HR tool to track your fitness

Oracle has announced a new tool for HR departments called “Employee Wellness” and seems to be suggesting that you might be willing to let your boss track how much you exercise. The tool's a new module for the company's “Human Capital Management” software and promises the chance to let you track your physical activity, set …

1. DryBones

Oh Look!

Something else for us to have to fill out instead of actually doing work.

2. Chairo
    Facepalm

Nice treat

Most employees already feel like a hamster trapped in a treadmill.

Now this can be extended to your private non company time?

Great, just great.

On a more positive note, this kind of tracking might be illegal in most EU countries, so there is still hope.

3. Captain DaFt

And it gets quietly killed...

when it believes that the nicotine addicted workers are fitter because they show more activity due to popping outside periodically for a smoke.

4. frank ly

It's important to keep the livestock in good condition

Just that.

5. Winkypop Silver badge

As if.....

...I'd ever be allowed to leave my workstation during work time!

6. Drummer Boy

As part of the excercise plan..............

Can I get a go on Larry's yacht?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No happening

If Oracle HR think I'm wearing any kind of biometrics monitor; not happening.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Remember, this is Oracle

So it will need a small army of consultants to get it half working on half of the devices. The devices will become obsolete in two years and the application upgrade will cost the same than setting up the previous half working version.

On the long term, it will be abandoned and forgotten. The product itself will be bundled together with some other more desirable product so that Oracle can keep "selling" it and charging support for something nobody wants or uses.

Pro tip for beta testers: hook up the device to your dog.

9. Tom 38

If any employer tried this on me in the UK, I would very quickly tell them where they can stick it. This is my personal data, you aren't entitled to one byte of it.

No, its not because I'm porky (BMI 24 kthxbai), it just falls outside of anything my employer should be interested in.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where there is a will, there is a way.

I foresee an increase in the sales of pendulum clocks as they are great way to give your fit-gadget a long walk while the tv gives the eye muscles a workout.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like