back to article Blizzard shows off Overwatch – yet another guardians of Earth FPS

Blizzard Entertainment has unveiled its first new games franchise in over a decade at the BlizzCon jamboree in California. Youtube Video Overwatch is a classic first-person shooter that looks very like Team Fortress and Unreal in gameplay. Teams of six players per team fight it out in a variety of country-specific gaming …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another game based off a cartoon?

From what I'm seeing it's a new "Ben 10" game or something similarly generic. I assume this is just to test the waters for children, because teens on up will want something more intricate than this. Also in some ways this looks like a watered down Team Fortress knock off.

I've long suspected Blizzard is just cash cowing generic ideas. While their games might be fun to play for some, they have no real intricacies to them. Diablo 3, Hearthstone, now this...? I guess if you're a young kid or somehow don't remember games from the 90's (or even 8 years ago), this would be all the rage. Thinking about it, maybe video games are rehashing what has been already just to market it to people who can't remember the older ones. Basically, what Hollywood is doing right now with movies.

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

evil characters once again menace the Earth's population by shooting anything that moves

THANKS OBAMA!

3. Kaltern

woooo

Let's all jump on the latest bandwagon... last season it was MOBA's, before that it was MMORPG's... this season's fashion is MMOFPS.... my god, dare there be any originality within the top publishers imagination... no, just make more of what already exists, in the hope it'll make more money than the others.

4. mafoo
    Facepalm

accent

Oh god, that accent! THAT ACCENT!!

1. king of foo

Re: accent

They need to watch this

A tour of the British Isles in accents: http://youtu.be/-8mzWkuOxz8

5. gregthecanuck

Fail

Oh dear this looks like fail on so many levels.

6. Boris the Cockroach Silver badge
    FAIL

Having been

blazing away at Team Fortress most of the evening.....

I cant see anything there that challenges it

All I see is another team based shooter that will come and go

And I bet it does'nt have hats either

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon