back to article Oz quantum researcher to head new journal

Prominent University of New South Wales quantum physicist Michelle Simmons has been tapped to take the reins of a new open access quantum physics publishing venture from Nature, as part of a partnership between the journal house and UNSW. Called npj Quantum Information, the journal is one of Nature's partner series, and the …

1. Faux Science Slayer

Open Access Propaganda ?

Nature, Science, Scientific American, Discover, and virtually ALL of the Michael "Hockey Stick" Mann labeled "prestige press" publications have been elitist directed, agenda driven propaganda forums. While it is difficult to see the "political motives" in quantum research, i will forever question the "objectivity" of these publications, as well as the Royal Society, the Nobel Committee, the National Academy of Science, and a host of other elitist tools.

There is NO Carbon climate forcing, NO 'sustainable' energy, NO 'peak' oil, there IS a cabal of robber barons who lie to us about everything. Thankfully empirical reality is independent from imperial fiction. Visit FauxScienceSlayer.

Find and share Truth....it is your duty as an Earthling.

1. lambda_beta
      Linux

Re: Open Access Propaganda ?

What the hell are you talking about??

2. Conundrum1885

Re. scientific censorship

I agree on some of this (no longer AC, found it not to be helpful) and have experienced this first hand with my own discoveries.

Included in this are: anomalous alpha transparency in pyrolytic graphite which does *not* correspond to normal levels and is sensitive to angle of graphite related to americium source.

Sent this to a number of journals and was told "too esoteric" ...

As I don't have any cash to spare spending £££ just to get scientific credentials is ludicrous, so my discoveries end up on Hackaday etc.

Also worth mentioning, many of my ideas not only work but if the condensed matter ones actually work on an industrial scale it could replace copper as a conductor.

The effect discovered originally by Profs. Prins and Pablo suggests not only that the condensed matter community has a serious denial problem but electron-hole (ie Type 3 or bipolaron) superconductivity occurs in pyrographite doped with small (700:1) amounts of lead with a critical temperature near 281K when immersed in an organic solvent such as MEK as well as even higher temperatures in the cuprates and also in some types of diamond in a vacuum.

I've tested this and it literally works off the shelf so to speak, 15% resistance drop within seconds and when under solvent the graphite stops levitating (!) suggesting that the structure is being affected thus changing the surface properties allowing SC to occur.

Exact solvents tried and found to work: Liquid Poly, MEK/acetone mix sold as pipe jointer.

This can't be experimental error but it seems that the effect is linked to the interconnect alloy used (BiSnPb) as without it nothing happens.

Also worth mentioning, had the same effect when just meter probes were used but they were contaminated with Pb and when fresh copper and fresh PG were used nothing happened.

My thoughts are that perhaps there is a national security issue here, as references exist to bumps in the temperature graph on some complex oxides as early as 1982 well above room temperature.

It seems ludicrous that this would be suppressed but given how many other discoveries took decades to become mainstream (ie Losev and his SiC LEDs) maybe it is a case of denial.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like