back to article Dropbox-but-with-an-actual-box firm touts new biz appliances

Private cloud firm Connected Data has birthed a business-class, private cloud/file sync 'n' share product based on its consumer Transporter product's base. Transporter is a mini-cooling tower desktop lookalike housing a hard drive with internet connectivity. Peer-to-peer networks of Transporters can share and synchronise …

1. Valeyard

personal use

For personal use, as a backup repo I just use owncloud, and all my stuff is synched dropbox-style onto raspberry pi at home

The NSA would have a job getting through the backdoor because it kinda sticks

1. ldjfaskjla

Re: personal use

Yea, I was gonna say, 10 grand for this or owncloud.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Others?

What was the name of that German company that make those orange boxes? Essentially the same thing as this but at lower storage capacity (ISTR) and much lower price.

3. b166er

The thing with all these similar products, is the upstream bandwidth available behind them which is where cloudy solutions prevail.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Most modern cloud solutions should be using delta copying so its only transferring blocks of files that change, so assuming you not dropping GB of new data each day, updating large files is not a problem.

Own cloud / bit torrent sync is good if you need something simple for multiple locations, that said forget all the gui rubbish and just rock rsync or unison over ssh, job done :-p

5. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Teamdrive.

6. Drummer Boy

Just implemented SynaMan at the office. Seems pretty good so far.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon