back to article 'ANYTHING BUT STABLE' Netflix suffers BIG Europe-wide outage

Netflix was struck by what appeared to be a fairly significant 90-minute outage on its streaming service late on Friday night that affected folk across Europe. The company coughed to problems with its network at around 9:30pm UK time last night. We're aware of members in Europe having trouble streaming on some devices. We …

1. Longrod_von_Hugendong
    Holmes

Sometimes...

Things go wrong, it happens to us all at some point. Major pain when it happens though. Last night was the first night I have not used netflix for a week, so I managed to dodge a bullet there :D.

1. banalyzer

Re: Sometimes...

I was watching, using VM Tivo, didn't notice anything go wrong

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That random SG1 shoutout

3. Gordan

Forgot to feed...

... the Chaos Monkey?

4. Scroticus Canis

No problems here

I was watching at that time and noticed nothing amiss* even when the show ended and I went back to the play lists at about 22:00hrs. So was it partly a Virgin Media problem? (I'm on BT for my sins)

* and not "McGyver in Spaaaaaace" either (a.k.a SG1)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: No problems here

SG-1 had an ensemble cast you pleb!

5. yossarianuk

Those Linux users

Obviously its because they now let Linux users natively access their service now.

1. Swarthy

Re: Those Linux users

"Obviously its because they now let Linux users natively access their service now."

Wait, What? When did this happen, and how did I miss The Reg article? Last I saw, Netflix was still using Silverlight for desktop/laptop clients. The only way to get it on Linux was to run an Android sandbox and load the app there.

6. Vociferous

Install Media Hint, switch to US Netflix servers.

Problem solved.

Bonus: different selection of movies available.

7. dan1980

"We appreciate your patience."

I've always found it rather presumptuous to thank people for their patience rather than requesting it.

Surely "we ask for your patience" would be more correct?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"We appreciate your cash, we don't care about you watching SG1 on a Friday night when you should be watching QI without interruption on BBC2 with that really nice, technological genius that is Mr Fry"

8. Your alien overlord - fear me

Netflix goes down as a sun flare hits earth - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10/25/nasa_sun_eruption_solar_flare_x3_1_sunspot/ - coincidence?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like