back to article Man, that iPhone 6 Plus won't fit in my pocket. Oh, here's a mobe store that'll resize my jeans

A retailer in China has found a novel way to accommodate the added dimensions of Apple's iPhone 6 Plus – adjust customers' pants* to fit the large handset. Tech in Asia spotted a China Unicom store offering free tailor services to customers who purchase Apple's 5.5in phablet. The in-store tailor. Credit: Amakura on Weibo …

1. beast666

Now that guy has a skill that won't be replaced by robots anytime soon!

He even has gob control by the looks of it!

Respect.

2. ecofeco Silver badge

Good for them!

Good for them. I still thinking carrying something that big in your pocket is a stupid idea, but I love these guys for being quick and innovative.

That said, I really think clothing should have long since adapted to carry electronics. There is NO reason it can't be just as stylish.

1. VinceH

Re: Good for them!

"That said, I really think clothing should have long since adapted to carry electronics."

Over the last few years, I have noticed an increasing number of coats/jackets (and carrying straps on rucksacks) that have a pocket, designed especially for mobile phones.

Except that they seem to be designed for phones from a decade and a half ago - none of the phones I've owned for a decade or so would fit.

2. Ian Moffatt 1

Re: Good for them!

Craghoppers Kiwi trousers have had an 'inner' pocket in the leg map pocket for some years now.

A few years ago it was just big enough for an iPhone 3GS. Then a couple of years ago I bought another pair and it was big enough for an iPhone 4S. I have a Note 3 now but haven't bought any Craghoppers lately so can't report on current sizes ;-)

3. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

But....?????????

According to ElReg, no one in China wants an iPhone6/6+. That means that this guy will soon be out of business or will he?

Are there sightings of an endangered species (Chinese Fanbois) or are they breeding well?

We deserve to know the truth?

1. GitMeMyShootinIrons

Re: But....?????????

Perhaps were our heroic tailor a bit more product agnostic, he could cover other jumbo-phones, such as the Galaxy Note or the Nokia 1520. Might be a growth industry....

4. Clive 3
    Coat

Goodies pocket camera

This reminds me of the Goodies pocket camera

http://www.goodiesruleok.com/articles.php?id=62

1. chivo243 Silver badge

Re: Goodies pocket camera

Would that be like having an eye at the end of your finger? I believe that's my coat your holding...

5. chivo243 Silver badge
    Go

Stunt or not

It's smart thinking. What percent of Chinese make a niche market anyway?

6. Ken Darling

Pants Pocket?

Do people really keep iPhones in their pants? I supposed those who use iVibrate might.

Personally, iKeep myPhone in myTrousers.

1. Pookietoo

Re: Pants Pocket?

The author already alerted us to possible confusion arising from that particular usage.

7. Message From A Self-Destructing Turnip
    Trollface

Compensating?

Presumably the extra material for the oversize pockets is taken from the surplus available in the crotch area.

8. Blitterbug
    Facepalm

...adjust customers' trousers* to fit the large handset

*That's pants to you Americans

FTFY. This is an English website FFS! Well, British, anyway.

1. Ken Darling

Re: ...adjust customers' trousers* to fit the large handset

Yes, it's a UK site, but the Register has neither quality control, an editor, nor any real idea what technology is.

Why on earth has it started reviewing television programmes?

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
        Pint

Re: ...adjust customers' trousers* to fit the large handset

Sonic Screwdriver envy perhaps?

Perhaps they think it is a sibling of Sonic the Hedgehog?

time to put me coat on and toddle off down the pub for a Sunday Pint (or three) of T.E.A methinks.

9. SVV

Great Idea

Do they also give away a free t shirt that says "Check out the size of my pockets! I'm carrying the latest expensive iPhone in them! So don't bother mugging me."

10. Pookietoo

He'll not make many pockets ...

... if he doesn't thread the sewing machine.

11. Stuart Halliday

Try a Galaxy Note 4.

I got one last week and it's simply gorgeous.

I'm 52, so this phone is large enough to read, loud enough to hear and oddles of RAM that means it no longer crawls to a stop if you're a serious App user.

It also fits all my pockets. Maybe British troosers are big enough or is it a guy thing?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like