back to article Citrix: Wearables allow conference calls 'while rocking a baby to sleep'

Citrix has decided that owners of Android Wear devices will want to log on to conference calls, and has tweaked its GoToMeeting client so it runs on the wearable kit. The updated app can be found here. Citrix says the app is a good idea because you can “Take a jog while you’re taking a meeting.” Which sounds like it will …

1. Tim Wolfe-Barry

Not sure about jogging but...

I remember going for a bike ride after work a few years ago and being passed up-hill by my then CEO whilst he was on a conf call.

Perhaps it's just all about fitness...

1. tirk
      Unhappy

Re: Not sure about jogging but...

Fitness, and a bit of disregard for personal safety?

2. Tromos

Re: Not sure about jogging but...

Not difficult (or unsafe) if he was in the back of his chauffeur-driven Merc at the time.

2. SolidSquid

Doesn't a bluetooth earpiece, the go-to of pretty much any business person who would be interested in doing things like they've suggested, do a notably better job of this without needing the extra device

3. Voland's right hand Silver badge

Gee... talking of clueless moron...

quote: Have these people ever actually rocked a baby to sleep? Don't they know that a car door closing a mile away can undo an hour of sleep-inducing effort? (Judging from the youthful looks of the writer responsible for the post, no - Ed)

6 months of "community service" trying to do that with an experimental subject suffering from colics will do the trick.

In any case, on the subject trying to do a conference meeting on a wearable while babysitting. Have you tried to overlay those project plan and deliverable slides on top of junior's soiled bottom while changing a nappy? Now, try to discuss them on a conference call.

A video call with the boss would be even more fun... Cough... sputter.. cough...

4. Dan 55 Silver badge

Work-life balance fail

If things get to that point what you should do instead is take the baby into work and change the shitty nappy on the CEO's desk.

5. Arctic fox
    Mushroom

I think that this needs a bit of translation work.

"Wearables allow conference calls 'while rocking a baby to sleep'"

To:

"Yet another means by which your employer gets to own your life."

6. Mario Becroft
    Stop

Puzzled

Not sure how this is meant to work, as the android wear devices I've seen reviewed do not include a loudspeaker.

7. Sealand
    Coat

If 'wearables are so hot right now', why would anyone think wearing them is cool?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

“Take a jog while you’re taking a meeting.”

Imagine the conferece!

...has joined the conference...pant, pant, grunt, pant..I just want...pant, pant, to ask, pant, pant...urggh

CLICK!

WTF? Can we fire that sicko?

9. ItsNotMe
    FAIL

Ahhh...maybe not.

Citrix's last reason for the app being a good idea is “Plus, you’re going to feel like a super-cool spy.”

No...actually...you will still look like an assh*le.

10. Mpeler
    Angel

Rockabye meeting....

"Wearables allow conference calls 'while rocking a baby to sleep'".

Oh great, already have enough of a time staying awake in some of these stultifyingly boring meetings, and then someone is going to be singing (rasping?) a lullabye in the background? Gives a whole new meaining to WAH.

At least there's an excuse now for nodding off :)

(P.S. Don't mean to denigrate parents, especially those who have to work from home because of the ludicrous maternity/paternity laws of some countries)...

11. victoryviatruth

Meetings thru the sitdown in the loo? Video chats with the boss whilst enjoying an afternoon delight? Watching Arsenal on your wrist during a first date?

Splendid!

1. psychonaut

Watching Arsenal on your wrist during a first date?

Ive never heard it called that before. 'I was up the arsenal with karen the other night"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like