back to article Done with Microsoft and Adobe patches? Good, here's Oracle's load

Oracle is piling on this month's Patch Tuesday with a collection of security fixes for 16 of its enterprise software platforms. Among the massive wad of updates will be a package of 25 bug fixes for Java SE, 22 of which are remotely exploitable without authentication and 12 of which allow an attacker to take complete control …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Its that Tuesday time of the month again.

will this replace the Monday morning feeling?

somehow I doubt it.

But my MS Patch (Windows 7) update is 168M+ WTF are they playing at. Is this a new OS they are shipping out?

Nope

IE 9 28,9MB

VS2010 Toole 38.3

and the biggie

MS word 2010 134Mb

so we are getting totally new versions of IE amd word.

I just wish that I could D/L it a work but the MS Update site is blocked by our corporate firewall. Corporate IT Dept Rules ok!

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Re: Its that Tuesday time of the month again.

Sure looks like a direct replacement of MSIE 9 and Word 2010 here. Strange. The only machine to have either has Windows 7, is a refurbed media center, and isn't used for either. [And no, I have no friggin' idea why anyone would have MS Office 2010 Pro pack on a MCE either.] As for the rest, well anything Adobe or Oracle is DOA.

2. dogged

Looks like your Windows 7 update is not a Windows 7 update but an Office update.

These two things are not one thing.

I expect they could be but if they were then various people would complain.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

MS could deliver binary patches but they wouldn't be cumulative, and would take much longer to install. It could be far simpler and safer to deploy the fixed files and those using them if any private interface changed. Office is a large chunk of software, it's not a surprise an update may be large as well. WSUS is available exactly to download once and easily distribute across a a LAN (and also to slave WSUS)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like