1. dogged

Sponsored content

Are there plans for an article about what a bunch of thieving cockwombles EE are?

I mean, "biting the hand..."

Also, truth in journalism.

1. Khaptain Silver badge

Re: Sponsored content

I never come into the forum but this article has encited me to actually create a new thread, Dogged beat me to it.

WTF is this sponsored s***... Unsurprisingly the "comments" button has been removed...

Dear El Reg, if you want to display sponsor stuff, please clearly label it so int the TITLE.....that way we can immediately avoid it.

Clickbait, oh how I love thee....

2. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Hi.

It's flagged up as sponsored content in bold in the sub-headline on the front page, and article archive listings, and in the article. Twice.

Like advertising, it help funds our independent journalism, which is 99% of our output and the bit you like reading.

C.

1. dogged

Oh, we know that. But seriously, this HAS led to what looks like (to the untutored eye) the Reg endorsing the fine, upstanding and glorious network capabilities of EE, a company who routinely lie on their coverage maps and overcharge for everything.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Re: Sponsored content

But it's the same as it ever was. Advertising never ever means endorsement, whether it's a section rebrand, display ad or marked-up advertorial.

The first us in editorial know of a specific ad campaign is when we see it on the front page along with our readers.

C.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon