back to article Web Devs: Learn to build high performance websites to banish autumn blues

As the leaves turn to gold and the autumn mists descend, your average developer’s mind automatically turns to the age-old question of... how can I make my website even better? Well, you could get in out of the cold and turn on to Microsoft’s training sessions. There are a whole range of live and online events, and you can read …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Charlie Clark Silver badge
    Trollface

ha ha ha

Want to build a fast website? Don't use .NET

2. DJV Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Shouldn't this article have "Advertisement" splatted right across the top in big letters?

1. dogged

it's marked "Promo" pretty clearly on the front-page and in the article.

I've heard good things about SignalR. Is this free?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

lol rofl pmsl haha chorttle

At first I thought this was a real article, or even promotion, and then I saw the sentences...

"how can I make my website even better? Well, you could get in out of the cold and turn on to Microsoft’s training sessions."

And I realised it was a joke.

When I got to the part about "using the latest web standards", I knew it was.

Good one reg. These comedy pieces brighten up my day.

4. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Two tips

1) Don't use Flash - Well that is obvious in this day and age

2) Don't link to a gazillion ad trackers, hit counters and other shite sites that take ages to load. There are people who don't use Adblock+ you know.

Quite why a simple page has bits from up to 20 other sites embedded in it then sorry, you have totally failed IMHO.

5. batfastad

Web devs? Azure? .Net?

You guys made me lol real hard lolololol :D

Wait, this is serious?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ASP. Nope.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Now, if there were courses that helped me get away from ASP.NET then SIGN ME UP, BABY!

I'm facing the chop next month, and I don't want another job hacking this primitive yet bloated rickety framework, and a kick-in-the-balls environment designed for idiots. I'm a developer, get me outa here!

8. This post has been deleted by its author

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dear Register you really need to stop writing these sponsored articles they do you little creditability.

Your last one reporting the usage of windows server was a bit of a joke.

10. Infernoz Bronze badge
    FAIL

It's Microsoft, so who gives a dump.

Platform lock-in multiple times, so not interested.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like