back to article 'Utter killjoy Reg hacks have NEVER BEEN LAID', writes a fan

Last week’s Doctor Who review of Kill The Moon certainly sparked some strong opinions. On Twitter, there were those who couldn’t agree more: Preach it #doctorwho http://t.co/HE7rdFEgFG — ℓilliane (@MakeItLast) October 5, 2014 . @TheRegister reviews the rather un-Physicsy #DoctorWho ep http://t.co/hjzMImzqqz — Stephen …

1. DJV Silver badge
    Trollface

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells!

I am disgusted by your reviewer's review of Mummy on the Orient Express. Not only did your reviewer totally miss the point of the whole episode (whatever that was), he (or she or it) made inane and inaccurate comments about how a train cannot fly through space, why the first class carriage was going the wrong way and how his mummy never wore bandages like that! I find it utterly preposterous why the Reg even pays a reviewer to say such laughable and un-Dr-Whoey things!! It's almost like they haven't even watched the episode!

What do you mean you haven't even reviewed it yet?

Bah humbug!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells!

Without Jenna Coleman this series would be unwatchable.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Trolling

Can we have a picture, personal details and email address of the person who made those deeply offensive remarks about Brid-Aine Parnell? Just out of curiosity...and perhaps so I can send a few politely worded, non-offensive and unthreatening emails about this sort of behaviour.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Trolling

Actually I thought the Moon episode the best one of this series.

The rest I have to say we're abysmal.

3. sandman

Eugh!

I really don't wan't to even think about thinking about the sexual habits of Reg correspondents - the potential mental picture has hints of Vogon about it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Eugh!

Vogons are much better at writing poetry than the Reg staffers.

4. Ross K Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Give That Man A Cookie

While Phoenix50 reckons we should all take it easy – it’s only TV, folks:

Oh dear.

So many people taking so little, so seriously.

That should be El reg's tagline instead of "Biting the hand that feeds IT"

1. Kane
      Happy

Re: Give That Man A Cookie

So many people taking so little, so seriously.

That should actually be the tagline to the whole of the intarwebs.

5. James 100

Physics fails

Yes, the absurd physics anomalies involved grated on me when I watched - from the mysterious gain in mass before hatching, to the idea of the new hatchling immediately laying an egg the same size and mass it had been previously - but then, it is a series about a time travelling police phone box. If you can get past that every single episode, is the "moon-egg" really such a big barrier?

Lousy episode, though, and rather too close to "Waters of Mars" (which also violated the conservation of matter, with spontaneously created water in large quantities).

6. Cliff

It's horror for kids

And great fun with it. Don't take it too seriously, it's a space romp with baggage and back story to balance with sheer good fun for kids who'll be reminiscing in 20 years when the series has been cancelled and rebooted once again.

1. SkippyBing

Re: It's horror for kids

It's on at 8:30 in the evening, f**k the kids* I want some grown up entertainment at that time of night.

*Not in the Rolf Harris sense obviously.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Quite frankly...

...they've dumbed it down so it'll sell to the American market. For me, at least, it really should be re-titled to "Dr. WTF?!"

1. speedbird007
      Happy

Re: Quite frankly...

I believe that it is already doing very well over there and I don't think that they would get the irony of the re-title.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Unhappy

Re: Quite frankly...

Sadly, neither point you make come as much of a surprise, really :-(

8. Dr_N

Is this article a review...

...of a review of a review....?

Social Media, eh?

1. Vociferous

Re: Is this article a review...

Tweet it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like