back to article No 12-inch maxiPads for Christmas: Suppliers 'smothered by iPhone 6'

All signs point to Apple unveiling a new, larger iPad model at its October 16 media event, but if the latest whispers are to be believed, you shouldn't expect to be able to actually buy one until early next year. The invites Apple sent to the press this week said only "it's been way too long," yet most Cupertino-watchers …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Christmas time, mistletoe & wine (OCTOBER!!!)

Dear Santa,

Sod me two front teeth! Will you and your elves get off your lazy fat arses and start cracking on with my 12 incher.....oh and peace on Earth and goodwill to all men/women and everything inbetween....fal lal lal lal la la lal lal la.

1. Anonymous Bullard
      Childcatcher

Re: Christmas time, mistletoe & wine (OCTOBER!!!)

get off your lazy fat arses and start cracking on with my 12 incher

Put it away - nobody likes a show-off.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

That Old Chestnut

We are all told that the 6" average is perfectly acceptable, but we all know that bigger is definitely better and that it's a phallasy that size doesn't matter.

1. CmdrX3

Re: That Old Chestnut

The only people that think that size doesn't matter are the ones lacking a few inches

3. M0untebank

Perhaps you should ask Santa for one of those intimate suction devices to realize a 12 incher.

4. DJV Silver badge
      Happy

I'm sure they'll BEND over backwards to make your wishes come true!

2. returnmyjedi

100,000 extra employees to glue together iDevices? That's going to cost Apple and Foxconn at least an extra $100,000 a week to pay their combined wages.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"extra $100,000 a week"

They'll make that back in the first dozen of sales.

3. Frankee Llonnygog

It's been way too long ...

... Since the last Dalmation-print iMac

1. Andrew 59
      Coat

Re: It's been way too long ...

I think you might be right.

But seriously, a quick glance through MacTracker shows that of all the current Apple products, the Mac Mini is the least-recently updated, with the current model being the mid-2012. I wonder if we'll be getting a Mac Pro-style mini trashcan?

Yes, mine's the one with the Apple Almanac in the pocket.

4. tin 2

It's been way too long ...

...since my iphone 4s worked properly. Perhaps it will be a re-release of a fixed iOS6?

5. psychonaut

christmas day

Ahh. Yet another dissapointment. Ive been waiting years for santa to pull out a 12 incher whilst unloading his sack all over our living room floor.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coffee/keyboard

Re: christmas day

oh dear

6. Stretch
  7. earl grey
    Trollface

Bend over backwards?

As any fule know, you're supposed to bend over forwards to receive your presents.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like