back to article Anna Wintour, Karl Lagerfeld and some Apple bloke attend glitzy iPhone 6 Paris launch

Tim Cook has made a bid to colonise the wrists of fashionistas everywhere by holding a series of promotional events for the Apple Watch in the world's most fashionable city. Sadly, he didn't manage to get a place in London and had to make do with Paris instead. Apple ditched the usual "town hall" approach of its product …

1. i like crisps
    Thumb Up

Thumbs Up..

..for the guy in the photo shaking the invisible mans hand.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Thumbs Down

A round watch please, not a square watch with rounded corners.

1. toxicdragon

Re: Thumbs Down

Whats a circle apart from a square that is unable to use a shaving razor properly?

2. Buzzword

No ladder required

I'm sure he just used one of those horrifying selfie-sticks that are sold in all tat shops these days.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: No ladder required

Not sure I've ever seen a selfie stick on sale in an Apple Store.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mr Pickles, my imaginary friend, tells me that I will become beautiful if I buy a gold Apple Watch. He also tells me that satan lives in my sock drawer too. So I don't wear socks. I'VE BEATEN YOU NOW MR PICK

LES HAV

N'T I. YES I HAVE YES I

HAVE.

Hug me mummy.

4. beast666

Whoa! First pic. Is this the man who sold the world?

Great gloves etc.

1. Hellcat

I really, really thought he was a creepy waxwork.

I'm more creeped now I know he's alive.

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

One of our clients are doing their Christmas do at Madame Tussauds. The blurb says something about celebs looking on as you dine on your sumptuous meal (yeah right!), and I was wondering how odd it would look to be surrounded by plastic-faced dummies.

Then I see a picture of Lagerfeld and Wintour, the autons of the fashion world, and realise that it'll be just like being at a real celeb bash.

I don't understant it. They're both pretty old (late 60s or 70s?), and sure they have no wrinkles on their faces. But guys, we can still see your necks. And anyway, even the youngest of smoothest faced children doesn't have a shiny plastic fizzog like that. Although I suppose plastic is the wrong word. Paralysed into immobility, would be better.

My theory is that this is what Saddam did with his WMDs. The UN didn't get all of his botulinum toxin in the 90s, and it's not been found since, so I suspect it's all gone into celebrity faces...

2. Captain DaFt

I thought El reg had made a mistake and it was actually a promo still from "The Walking Dead".

5. RISC OS

I guess the man

is either jonny ive's boryfriend or tim cooks... ther largefeld and the dog he is standing next too look like waxworks wheeled in from tusards

1. frank ly

Re: I guess the man

" ... jonny ive's boryfriend .."

At those events, you've just got to put up with those sort of people for the sake of appearing polite. He probably chatted to someone interesting shortly after the picture was taken.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I guess the man

It's Marc Newson.

6. DrXym

I'm amazed

I didn't know there were any female celebs left who still wanted to be associated with Apple.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Advertising agencies

Aren't they telling everybody from Ed Miliband (lost points there, Ed) on up to reference "real people" these days?

It reinforces my idea that there is only one man doing creative advertising in the whole world, he has one idea at a time and all the franchisees copy it and apply it.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Marc Newson?

I thought it was Richard Madeley.

9. CmdrX3

Scary fashionistas

Well there's a fecking lineup for the Rocky Horror Picture Show if ever I saw it.

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Re: Scary fashionistas

I'm thinking of setting up a cosmetic surgery business giving wrinkles to young celebs. The idea being to distinguish them from the weird, old celebs who've basically had their faces ironed smooth with botox. Then the young ones can prove that their smooth good looks are 'real' and 'natural' by sporting just one, strategically placed and attractive laughter line.

I do wish Keith Richards could have been in the first picture, to give a nice contrast...

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can't help but think that, despite Apple choosing a hip Paris location during fashion week, the people in the Tim Cook photo would've felt more at home had it been held in McDonalds or Argos.

11. Stretch

Whatever you may think of the phones, those people are total scumbags. Conning people into believing in "fashion" and parting millions of fools from their money on a daily basis.

So they deserve each other.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like