back to article Reg hands portable Sinclair ZX Spectrum to lucky compo winner

The lucky winner of the unique portable Spectrum is Martin Ryan. He gets the device built by elite hardware hacker Ben Heck, a Sinclair ZX Spectrum that has been taken apart, modified and put back together again in a way that none of the original designers could have prophesied*. This means Martin will be able to play Manic …

1. Semtex451
    Childcatcher

You Lucky ducker

Martin

Martin!

MARTIN!

Can I have a go on that Martin, pleeeeese?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

...and in return, the register has the full names and addresses of half it's regular readers.

1. Simon Rockman

Although given that you've registered to post that, we've yours too.

2. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
      Devil

It's not a problem. They're journalists. So they're too lazy and/or drunk to get up to anything sinister.

The only one who seems capable of plotting an evil scheme has just booked himself onto a flight to the US with a large explosive device that's also a remotely operated drone. By the time Lester gets halfway through his explanation to the TSA of what's in his luggage, he'll be off to Gitmo so fast his feet'll smoke. I shouldn't imagine he'll be out before all that data is worthless anyway...

1. Mark 85

The Playmonaut will offer a deal to TSA and NSA. All our data for a "Get Out of Gitmo Free" card.

3. ThomH

If El Reg has only 2000 regular readers then we needn't worry about it doing anything sinister any time soon. Or indeed continuing to do much of anything.

3. i like crisps
    Go

For the full authentic experience...

...he should selotape a 2p piece to the top of it.

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge

Re: For the full authentic experience...

... and it should have a horrible metalic key??? (not going to call it a keyboard)

4. Cliff

Congrats!

Although we did establish that correct answers were not a necessary part of the competition requirements, it's interesting to see them anyway :)

5. edge_e
    Thumb Up

But...

To play those games, is he going to have to find a walkman?

Talking of walkmen, Why do we moan about phones being so big?

6. Smitty Werbenjaegermanjensen
    Mushroom

Nothing personal Martin but...

I hate you now. You stole my pregnant calculator.

How I want to play tir-na-nog again.

At least it sounds like it went to someone who will appreciate it, enjoy!

1. Martin Ryan
      Thumb Up

Re: Nothing personal Martin but...

Thanks for the messages. I definitely appreciate it - this is an awesome prize. I might buy an airline ticket, just so I can play Jet Set Willy on a plane as suggested. I'll think of you, while doing so, Smitty.

7. Cipher

Congrats

Hope you have much funwith it...

8. John Tserkezis

I don't think the questions were worthy of a real Sinclair-Head (I could verify my suspisicions on the 'net), and in fact, my memory is so bad I can't even remember if I entered the comp.

I do however working intimately with the Sinclair QL early in my career. Spare parts were a bastard to come across (especially drives), but fortunately (for me) I could make enough good good ones out of lots of bad ones.

I did get to play with them before sending them out, great fun!

9. This post has been deleted by its author

10. Chris Stanton

Where's the article/interview you guys did with Ben Heck at EMFCamp ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not us... are you thinking of another site, maybe?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon