back to article Samsung hammers out stylish Steel slider

Style and steel aren’t usually something you hear of together, unless you’re an architect. But Samsung’s mashed the two into one to create its latest slider handset - dubbed, simply, Steel. Samsung_Steel Samsung's Steel: metal meets HSDPA The phone is awash with brushed metal surfaces, which sit well alongside the talker’s …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. CollyWolly

Hang on.

Will the steel case not bugger up the signal somewhat?

2. Mark Milaszkiewicz

@colly

but there is a plastic base bit, which means the signal gets in that way!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Hang on

The steel is not forming a Farady Cage, there's a very large display and some of the construction is plastic. However, when you're speaking, I guess the display is against your ear so the radio signals will be going into you head... just as well cellphones are proven entirely safe (not).

4. Will

Hmm

Looks almost identical to the Nokia 6500. Except with Samsung's rather tacky take on things.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Hang on

I'm sure Samsung's engineers havent even thought of that. I reckon the phone will get to market before they realise "shit! This phone is incapable of getting a signal! Back to the drawing board, lads"

/sarcasm

6. Kanhef

Weight?

With steel all over the place, how many pounds does this thing weigh?

7. kay

hope soon

I hope this new samsung steel phone will reach the rest of europe soon

http://www.buythismobile.com/MOBILE-PHONES/Samsung-New-Steel-and-Style-Mobile-Phone

8. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Steel, but how much

I just wonder if that strong "steel" word is so thin that is is weaker than plastic.

Have to have a look, but how do I test it.

9. Peter Clarke

Weight?

If enough customers want it I'm sure Samsung will bring out the Executive model. Can I patent the idea for a Titanium/Carbon fibre model branded to a major race team? It could make the iPhone look cheap

10. Seán

Phew, thankfully no one mentioned

Sapphire

11. Stone Fox

@Peter Clarke

Sorry mate, Acer already beat you to that with laptops.

Just as an aside, 3mpx? Isn't that a bit slack in this day and age?

12. Lloyd
    Alien

Yeah

but at the end of the day it's still a Samsung and as such will only ever be used by people who don't care about their phones.

13. Tony
    Flame

Last itme you looked at a Samsung phone...?

I'd be interested in knowing how long it has been since the nay-sayers here looked at a Samsung phone. 2 people who I know have bought recently and their phones seem a damn sight more solid than the last batch of Nokias I've seen :)

14. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Samsung phones....

Are pretty good nowadays- my SGHx820 was hje envy of my workplae when I got it a couple of years ago, and (aside from the naff f490), all of the other handsets they've released are very nice. Much better than the VHS tape-sized Nokia 8GB N95's

15. Andy
    Thumb Down

Samsung Soul

If this is anything like the Soul I am just about to return to vodafone, its asthetically brilliant and the sound quality will be crap. The features on the Soul are great, but its unusable as a phone as quite often you cannot hear the person at the other end. Not brilliant for a phone. I am going back to my D900.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like