back to article Brocade's Vyatta gets OpenDaylight controller

Brocade has added another piece to its SDN jigsaw, launching the OpenDaylight controller under its Vyatta platform. A big chunk of the company's pitch for the controller is that it offers a low-risk entry to SDN, with the company aiming to let customers migrate current workloads to an SDN environment gradually rather than in a …

1. Anonymous Dutch Coward
    Mushroom

Vyatta and open source

"Where the value comes from is to have the community develop the project – that's what leads what to community, collaboration and innovation"

Given the way Vyatta/Brocade killed any community involvement, basically yanked open source Vyatta, didn't accept patches etc, I'm choosing to insert hearty sarcastic laughter rather than the alternative wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

1. Salts

Re: Vyatta and open source

How is VyOS? it seems to be quite active, I do like a good fork when companies try to kill an open source project.

1. Long John Brass

Dunno ... but I'll be doing a vyatta --> VyOS migration in my home network shortly :)

vyatta was an ok product, I just hope VyOS does what it says on the tin (Kinda like vyatta did); and yes, I realise VyOS is a fork of the vyatta code base

2. Anonymous Dutch Coward

Don't know. Jumped ship for my home setup to another platform...

But yes, the web page/commit log etc does look nice...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon