back to article Lotus Notes inventor Ozzie invents app to talk to people on your phone

Software guru Ray Ozzie, once billed as Microsoft’s “next Bill Gates” before he left Redmond, has risen once more – in startup mode. Lotus Notes inventor Ozzie, who left Microsoft in 2010 after four years as the giant's chief software visionary, took his new startup Talko public today. Ozzie has been working on Talko since …

1. Shonko Kid
    Mushroom

"Lotus Notes inventor Ozzie"

That fact alone means that there is a special circle of Hell, reserved just for him.

1. Paul 129
      Gimp

Re: "Lotus Notes inventor Ozzie"

Hey I thought Notes was cool, just misunderstood.

Using it for email, or a web server....... well..., that would be just weird!

:-P

1. Why Not?

Re: "Lotus Notes inventor Ozzie"

It was good for email, not so much for web (developer tools and having to restart all the time put paid to that)

problem was it stopped developing and Exchange / outlook overtook it.

2. RyokuMas
    Stop

No thanks!

"with the app recording the entire conversation and storing it on Talko’s servers"

Got enough people tracking, recording and profiling already, thanks...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is this The Onion now?

Using a phone to talk to people? Whatever will they think of next?

I can't wait to tell people about this next time I'm down the pub. "Hey guys, I heard about this great new app for your phone. It lets you use your phone to talk to other people, and you can hear them talking back to you!"

4. PeterM42

I remember evaluating Lotus Notes.....

.....and thinking an ARMY of consultants could make a fortune - IF you found anyone stupid enough to buy it.

Bit like SAP, really. (Just ask npower - SAP has taken them to the pits of the customer satisfaction league. Even below Ryanair!!!!!!!)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like