back to article Joan Rivers promotes iPhone 6 from BEYOND THE GRAVE

Dead comedian Joan Rivers has shuffled briefly back onto this mortal coil to promote Apple's iPhone 6. She sadly passed away during a throat operation - but perhaps spurred on by the turtlenecked ghost of Steve Jobs, Joan Rivers took to her Facebook account today to write: This badass is being replaced by an iPhone 6 (not …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Reminds me of...

The "talking heads" in Futurama. Nothing as scary as a disembodied soul posting from "Beyond the grave" unless it's Farcebook in general.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Reminds me of...

Steve Jobs and Joan Rivers (Let's throw Stephen Fry on that list as well) have zero impact on my phone buying decisions.

ZERO

2. Mtech25
    Pint

And here i thought

El Reg was using the phrase Jesus phone sarcastically.

3. Natalie Gritpants

So now the iPhone 6 is available at phones4zombies.com

4. Goldmember

Yarrrrr!

Sorry. Didn't want to miss out on Pirate Day and I didn't have an actual response to this seriously creepy story.

5. Phil Endecott

So where is the legally required disclosure of the connection between the endorser and the marketter of the product?

6. William Boyle

iMmortality?

So, if you get the iMmortality package, are you committed to purchasing all medical needs from the iMedicine store? I can see the disclaimer now - "Purchase of medical products and services from providers other than iMedicine will invalidate your iMmortality warranty and may have undesirable interactions with the iMmortality products in your body."

1. qwertyuiop

Re: iMmortality?

Surely the iMedicine store would be an optician? (Optomterist for our US cousins)

7. Paratrooping Parrot

Does that mean that Apple have access to Joan River's Facebook account?

1. Chris G

I can 'Like' dead people

That would be better than Joan Rivers having access to her account. If Farcebook goes beyond the grave I refuse to go.

8. Ted 3

Seems legit!

Even if Ms Rivers was alive and well, the wording of the post stinks of the work of a low level copy writer trying hard to sound "badass" (in their words) while still hitting all the pre-specified marketing points of this astroturf campaign.

The fact that she is no longer with us just makes this ruse blatantly obvious beyond denial.

9. Unicornpiss
    Flame

iMmortality

I'll skip it if you can't access the shell or get data in or out without iTunes, which is certainly not a heavenly product.

I'll bet down below you can at least access the file system. Of course hell for me would be being stuck with an iPhone...

10. Sir Runcible Spoon
    Mushroom

Sir

"She sadly passed away during a throat operation"

Sadly.

Right.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/joan-rivers-palestinians-deserve-to-be-dead-9656554.html

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like