back to article Iliad won't take no for an answer from T-Mobile US

French telco Iliad, which earlier this year was shot down in its attempt to buy T-Mobile US, is once again hoping to make a play for the American carrier. According to Reuters' sources, Iliad will, by mid-October, either make another offer to buy T-Mobile US from its parent Deutsche Telekom – or give up entirely. In August, …

1. Eddy Ito

I'd just be happy if they stopped sending me texts advertising their own shit and the bill reminders a week before it's due. I've already bought the service and the check is, more likely than not, in the mail. Lesser of arsehats, that's all we can really hope for.

1. Gene Cash Silver badge

They send me a text for the bill reminder, another text saying they submitted the payment request, and yet a third text saying they got the money.

However, given my $31/mo T-Mobile bill is less than 1/3 of my $98/mo Verizon bill (after corporate discount!) and I have triple the data cap, plus tethering, plus unlimited texting as opposed to NO texting... I'm not complaining too much.

I hope the Huns tell the Frogs to sod off. (Did I get my "Jeremy Clarkson" right?)

2. Katie Saucey
    Coat

The Next plan...

...of coarse should be to construct a large badger.

Mine's the one filled with elderberries.

3. oldtaku Silver badge

Pepe Le Pew

Ah, Mah Cherie! http://bit.ly/ZvA2bV

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In fact T-Mobile was the only US Carrier for a long long time that supported WiFi Calling! In fact T-Mobile are no longer going to sell devices that do not have their WiFi baked into the system.

This iPhone launch has overwhelmed them with both T-Mobile and Apple underestimating the number of customers that wanted to purchase the device, so much so that on launch day even in Apple stores they were sold out of T-Mobile iPhones straight away. Most of the T-Mobile stores won't have any in stock until 24th and even then it will be limited quantities.

T-Mobile were smart taking this time to offer customers the chance to replace their phones early regardless of how old the device and let them enroll into the early upgrade program at the same time.

I suspect that while August was a record breaking month for T-Mobile when it comes to getting new customers from the other carriers I suspect that September may be even bigger and they could very easily cease being the No.4 carrier and slip into 3rd place before Thanksgiving.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Iliad

A French telco company you say?

Nope doesn't ring any bells.

Ah do you mean Iliad, the pre-paid phone card company?

http://www.iliad.fr/en/

Nice web design!

1. bpfh

Re: Iliad

Yes, Illiad, the biggest French ISP and 4th main mobile phone licence holder currently deploying it's own network (though that is frought with problems and they are having to pay Orange somwhere north of a billion euros a year or itinerance. Illiad is it's parent company. they also do professional web hosting and are financing a school for coders. Finally, the MD, Xavier Niel made a ton of money in the 80's and 90's running sex chat lines and Minitel online services :p

Their best known subsidiary is their web & phone business: http://www.free.fr, which is a bit sexier than the the head office's corporate site.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like