back to article Naomi Campbell could face Heathrow charges

Battling Streatham clotheshorse Naomi Campbell could face charges over the incident at Heathrow early last month which saw her forcibly removed from an LA-bound British Airways flight and subsequently held "on suspicion of assaulting a police officer". That's according to the Evening Standard, which says that "details of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects
    Paris Hilton

What the bloody hell has this got to do with anybody here?

Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on helping BA get their act together vis a vis the software or for that matter hardware they are failing to use on the actual luggage?

For class, I award el Reg ye Idyete ycon.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Just a shame...

... that all T5's passengers didn't act the same way when their baggage was lost or flights delayed...

We Brits are way to obedient of the powers that be. A little revolutionary rebellion is what this place needs...

3. Stephen Gray

If it was me....

Lets hope this waste of oxygen never flies again because you can bet your ass that if it was you or I then we would have been Gitmo'd by now

4. Edwin
    Gates Halo

Boycott?

So she decided to boycott the airline...

Is that the same as people 'leaving for personal reasons' in cases where it was leave or get the sack?

As a (highly) frequent traveler who has small children, I try very hard (usually successfully) to not get overly annoyed by screaming kids on long-haul flights, but I have no patience with alleged adults behaving like two-year olds.

Billg, 'cause Ballmer would have chucked one of those massive first-class seats at the plods

5. Red Bren
    Paris Hilton

@I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

When the machines finally rise, we're going to be grateful for the efforts that Comrade Campbell has made to highlight that T5 was built to separate human cattle from its valuable mineral resources!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Go

El Reg has a long and intimate relationship with the Crackberry battling Streatham clotheshorse Naomi Campbell.

I for one appreciate these stories as I'm pig sick of computers by the end of the week.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: What the bloody hell has this got to do with anybody here?

You must be new here. My advice: hang around for a while and get a feel for the site before posting.

8. David Perry
    Flame

Croydon

She gives croydon a bad name! Which it doesn't deserve - like most places it has good parts and bad. Streatham (part she's from) is ok depending on which part you go to - letting the side down, nice move drama queen >:(

Flame cos she deserves to burn in hell

9. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Well, it's relevant because she gets really, really angry over relatively trivial things.

Like a Reg reader.

10. Ben
    Stop

Oh Naomi.........

She's got SOME good "qualities" though , right ? heh! fire.......goooooood!

"Yes thats em , i know , they're made of woven asbestos...cheers"

11. archie lukas
    Coat

There definetly was a computer involved somewhere.....

Somewhere

Somehow

Somewhen....

There's a bloody computer involved

I'll swear to it under oath

12. Anonymous John
    Paris Hilton

Re What the bloody hell has this got to do with anybody here?

It gives us a break from Paris Hilton stories.

A (poosible untrue) list of Family Fortune questions and weird answers included this one.

Q) Name a bird with a long neck.

A) Naomi Campbell.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Celebrities should be charged

To riff on your title, celebrities should be charged for using airports. I'd suggest a $50 surcharge for celebrities, $500 for rock stars, $5000 for supermodels.

Even when they try not to be disruptive they get in the way. I was at Melbourne's Tullamarine airport when Bob Dylan was catching a flight. He wanted to slum it with us plebs at the gate rather than in the VIP lounge. Which was a nice thought, but in practice the police taped off two rows of chairs around Bob and us plebs had nowhere to sit.

I was in the VIP lounge for a time, thanks to an overseas fly-in, fly-out job giving me a humongous pile of airline points. In the VIP lounge there are no flight announcements. Staff come to you in person to ask you to board the plane -- what they mean is "the plane has everyone else aboard, as soon as you board we're taxiing". A female rock star with a recent hit arrives in the lounge, is welcomed by the staff, and is told the plane is boarding. She says "They'll wait. Get me a champers." If she had walked to the plane she would have barely have had her bum touch her first class seat before the staff would ask if she wanted a drink. So the drink wasn't the point, it was the power trip of having all those plebs wait for her whim.

I hate media scrums at airports. It has been a two-day journey from some Asian or African backwater, concluding with a twenty hour flight. I want to see the kids, kiss the wife and sleep. I don't want to be pushing around the edges of some huge scrum, with one scumbag photographer kicking my kid in the face and not giving a toss or showing any human compassion at all. There's an easy solution should the celebrity give a fuck -- get off the plane last. Then you and your media leaches can have the arrivals gate to yourselves and us plebs can have been long gone about our lives.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

well she's right on one thing anyway !!

....assholes for sure...

15. Graham Dawson Silver badge
    Boffin

It's simple

Campbell is a unit of measurement here at El Reg, related to acceleration I think... Anyway that's the relevance.

16. Herby

Look, even El Reg needs "Comedy Relief"

That's why the story is tagged "WSA". Remember El Reg also comments on "Bulgarian Airbags" as well.

Remember the line from "Revenge of the Nerds": "All jocks think about is sports, but all nerds think about is SEX".

Life goes on!

17. Keith T
    Boffin

For $7,000 first class air fare she deserved better treatment

Did any of you read the article?

Naomi Campbell did something to justify the oxygen she breaths! She deserved far better treatment for her $7,000 first class air fare.

What sort of Tony-Blair-re-electing-country has laws against being an outraged customer in these circumstances anyway? You should be hanging your heads in collective shame!

BA was totally wrong to have her charged with the criminal offense of being a dis-satisified and outraged customer.

It is BA that should be in the prisoner's dock, for fraud and assault.

Brits have to learn to stop accepting crud treatment by businesses.

It is your own collective fault you pay 50% more than the rest of the world for everything from cars to DVDs to camping gear.

(Ex pat living in Canada.)

18. kain preacher

@Edwin

"As a (highly) frequent traveler who has small children, I try very hard (usually successfully) to not get overly annoyed by screaming kids on long-haul flights, but I have no patience with alleged adults behaving like two-year olds."

Who her or BA. I understand she acted like an idiot, but what jack ass decided because they lost one piece of her luggage she couldn't fly How would you feel being seated on a plane and then kicked off because they lost one piece of your luggage. not because you did some thing wrong or acted like a fool, but because they screwed up and cost you money you have to get off the plane.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Simple solution

Next time, let her board and drop her off mid-Atlantic.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Keith T

Keith T, do you know the full the story?

Ms Campbell was informed that one of her bags was not on the aircraft. She kicked off and became abusive to the airlines staff, allegedly refusing to sit down so the aircraft could leave until her bag was on board. This was distressing not just to the cabin crew but to everyone else who could see and hear what was going on.

BA has a duty to their staff to protect their health and safety at work and Ms Campbell's behaviour was became so disruptive and threatening to the point where a decision had to be made as to whether it was safe to fly the aircraft with her on board, so an executive decision was taken that she should leave the aircraft. She refused to do so.

The police were called to remove her, she assaulted the police officer and was arrested for that offence. The Crown Prosecution Service decide who is prosecuted, not BA, based on the evidence in the report received from the police, if a prosecution is in the public interest, and if the prosecution has a good chance of success. BA can not influence that decision.

21. Slaine
    Coat

concentrate on helping BA get their act together ???

... arrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying: door, horse, shut, bolted. It would be considerably more environmentally benign to spray the flytards in napalm and agent orange. (Damned sight more satisfying too).

Extra lining of asbestos in this one.

22. skeptical i
    Thumb Up

checked bag charge

As of this writing at least one major airline here in 'Murka is charging $15.00 USD for the first checked bag. Maybe the other passengers should have searched between the seat cushions and taken up a collection to duct tape this bag's mouth shut and check her in so she could join some of her precious luggage in the cargo hold ... although there is the risk that no one would claim her off the luggage carousel at the arrival end.

23. Andy Hards
    Unhappy

As a cabin crew member for BA

It was nice to hear of an abusive first class passenger getting kicked off and banned. Too often first and club passengers behave like kids, are rude, obnoxious etc to cabin crew who are paid shit and have absolutely no control over what bags make it on board, what special meals get loaded, any delays etc. It is by far the passengers in the club and first who are used to getting what they want and treating people like shit. People in economy don't behave like this so why should they. Class Was have the right idea!

24. Bad Beaver
    Thumb Up

I see

"I'm Naomi Campbell!"

becoming the new

"I'm Rick James, bitch!"

25. shay mclachlan

Explosive mix

Put her allegedly fast burn temper together with BA's nannyish concept of customer service (shut up and do what you are told basically) and its no wonder the walls blew out & the roof came off.

26. JC

Me too

I'd be pissed too, but unlike Naomi would realize the futility of it all, and not be able to start assaulting officers without being tazered a few dozen times as a result.

Maybe that's what she needs, or a cattle prod. and full body cavity search. We don't actually know for sure that she isn't a terrorist, do we?

27. Seán
    Thumb Up

Steady hand on the tiller

What kind of cockpit inhabitants are they? If that wasn't the perfect time for a nice solid "Well well, what appears to be the problem ladies?".

Nothing that couldn't be resolved with some very fine wines and Belgian chocolate, and if necessary a good firm spanking, what what.

28. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@AC

Here we go with the health and safety bullshit to try and justify any and all stupid decisions.

As an ex commercial I pilot can tell you that short of having weapons or explosives there is nothing the self loading cargo can do to endanger the safety of the flight.

It's more a case of BA covering their arses in case some tosser decides to scam a bit of money by sueing because of mental distress or some other such bollocks. (Thanks USA for exporting your moronic litigious attitudes).

As for the safety of the cabin staff or passengers, Campbell is a model not a martial arts expert or a suicidal nutter, If the crew can't calm down an agitated spoilt brat like her maybe BA need to improve their training.

29. no
    Thumb Up

Easy solution

Remember those tasers that there is a concern over?

Perfect chance to find out if they are safe or not.

Hopefully its one less 'star' we'll have to deal with.

30. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@Andy Hards

Hmm.

So you are saying that first and club class passengers regularly treat the cabin staff like shit.

Great. I finally have an explanation for why the cabin crew treat us econotards like shit.

It's a kind of vicious circle.

31. V.Srikrishnan

Tasered??

why was she was not Tasered? she is in her thirties and strong and acting in an agitated manner so as to cause distress in the airline staff's mind..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like