back to article Permabit builds shrink-your-SAN dedupe box

Permabit has built a front-end SAN box to dedupe and compress SAN data so it needs less disk capacity. The company produces Albireo deduplication and compression software, which it sells on an OEM basis. The idea is to enable disk array vendors to improve the cost/GB of their storage so that they can retain a cost advantage …

1. K

Shame..

I know a lot of SME's that would be interested in this, but at least 75% of them use iSCSI!

1. louisPTC

Re: Shame..

Our OEM partners for SANblox are initially targeting appliance sales at the high-end of the market (where iSCSI is deployed in less than 6% of all units). I’m sure they’ll move down market with future offerings and we’ll be able to provide iSCSI support to them when they are. In the meantime, one of the OEMs who licenses our Albireo deduplication software, Stonefly (http://iscsi.com), does deliver a range of virtual and physical iSCSI appliances for SMEs.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Re: Shame..

Just to be clear: As louisPTC has mentioned in earlier comments, he works for Permabit.

C.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Skyera Bro...

The SkyHawk and SkyEagle have better stats, I have several hawks and they are divine.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon