back to article Xpliant targets white-label Ethernet switch vendors with shiny new silicon

Ethernet silicon vendor Xpliant – currently being digested by Cavium in an acquisition due to conclude in 2015 – is hoping to knock Broadcom out of its spot at the heart of the Ethernet switch market. The upstart, launched in 2011, says it'll have sample silicon in Q4 2014 for an architecture designed to combine speed and …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wishlist item

I wish they'd come to the low end of the market providing to ODM/OEM makers of computer, SO/HO and MSN switches and routers, and anything else you find a piece of Broadcom shit inside. Perhaps it's just every single driver and/or software package ever written by Broadcom, and everyone else included (!!), that's at fault but I've a hard number on how many faults I've seen here and Broadcom-based is the cause more than 99% of the time.

1. Nate Amsden

Re: Wishlist item

since you say "everyone else included" what makes you think this company would do any better ? For me I have had just one broadcom driver related issue that was about 5 years ago related to buggy MSI-X on Linux. The fix was to disable MSI-X in the driver, but took about a year of off and on troubleshooting to narrow down.

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Re: Wishlist item

Conversely, Broadcom NICs have caused me no end of trouble over the past few years, but I am utterly reliant on Broadcom switches, which have served me damned well for some time.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon