back to article Bank IT bod accused of stealing $40 MEEELLION from employer

If you get an email from a hapless Nigerian prince who needs a hand shifting a few million dollars, the message will no doubt wing its way into your spam folder. But should you get a plea for help from a Nigerian sysadmin, you may want to take a second look: the Nigerian government's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( …

1. Mark 85

Uh-oh,

Methinks this is soon to be a case of "dead man walking" or maybe "dead man spamming". I'm sure the gang members won't take kindly to his name being known. Since I'm sure he'll spill everything he knows when caught, they'll soon be caught also.

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

Re: Uh-oh,

Dear Sirs,

My name is being Missionary Uyoyou. My brother Godswill Oyegwa Uyoyou has become dead and now I has 40 millions of Dollars. I is needing your help for a fee of 10 millions ...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yep.

A quick search on some of the less "pleasant" sites on the web will enlighten you to what happens if you are accused of stealing a chicken or a loaf of bread in the wonderful land of Nigeria et-al. This poor sod ought to take his moolah and GTFOOT.....El sharpish...

I have an account i could help him to offload some of it into....

3. Captain DaFt

Pffft, Amateurs!

They ought to do it like the big boys do:

Study finance and business management in college.

Then get hired as a bank manager.

Work your way as high as possible through schmoozing, ass kissing and double dealing.

Then once in position, use every legal/quasi legal/illegal trick to pump them suckers dry for billions!

True, it might take 30 to 40 years to get to the point where you can pull off the heist, but if you're not caught until that point, Instead of being arrested, you'll be given billions more to keep your hosts alive while you keep draining them!*

*Caveat: Does not apply to Iceland banks. There, you *will* be jailed when caught, and the people you robbed bailed out!

(What is wrong with their Government?)

1. tony2heads
      Alert

Re: Pffft, Amateurs!

s/wrong/right/

FTFY

Iceland knew what to do with their bankers!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Study finance and business management in college.

Then get hired as a bank manager.

Work your way as high as possible through schmoozing, ass kissing and double dealing.

Then once in position, use every legal/quasi legal/illegal trick to pump them suckers dry for billions!

That's rather insightful. Do you work for HSBC?

1. Marcus Aurelius
        Devil

I think he used to work for RBS and his name is Sir^H^H^H Fred something or other...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

must have watched a couple of classics

and then had this moment of revelation....

5. Peter Simpson 1
    Coat

Well, nothing they can do about it, because...

[wait for it]

...it's clearly...

Godswill

1. Anonymous (Noel) Coward

Re: Well, nothing they can do about it, because...

"God-swill" = "swigging holy water" --- a famous Nigerian energy drink made from frog wee-wee.

6. batfastad

Bitcoi... oh!

I knew these new fangled crypto currencies would never work out when compared to good old fashioned super-regulated cash stored in super-secure banks. Oh...

7. Richard Taylor 2
    Devil

You have to admire his first name

"Godswill Oyegwa Uyoyou"

It was, oh yes, and bad luck to all those suckers without a direct line to the almighty

8. Alistair
    Coat

EFCC simply said it is a "new generation bank."

As in "formed out of money farmed from email suckers"

Apparently this lot missed the "security requirements" documents, at a guess they got lost i the "spam folder". Irony at its finest.

1. Looper

Maybe it was the same bank as the three guys who were caught previously. The Enterprise Bank Plc.

9. Alan Brown Silver badge

Nigerian gangs don't just do this in Nigeria

They own a few employees in banks ion other countries too. Comes in handy for money laundering.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like