back to article Salesforce plan to rename London skyscraper 'Salesforce Tower' DEMOLISHED

A plan to rename a London skyscraper Salesforce Tower has been abandoned after the building's owners decided to give it more sensible name. The Heron Tower in London's financial district will now be known simply as 110 Bishopsgate, reflecting its actual address. Other tenants of the building raised concerns when the plan was …

1. dotdavid

Salesforce plan to rename London skyscraper 'Salesforce Tower' DEMOLISHED

I think Salesforce Tower Demolished is an awesome name.

2. GBE

Of course! An April fool's joke!

We switched to using Salesforce as an issue/bug tracking system a couple years back. It's absolutely awful and nearly useless. [It may be useless, but at least it's slow and expensive -- which, I presume, must be the goal.] It makes the ancient version of JIRA that we had been running on a cobbled-up in-house server wonderful. Now, I finally understand: Salesforce is an elaborate April fool's joke that I was just too dim to grok.

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
      Big Brother

Re: Of course! An April fool's joke!

Salesforce is an elaborate April fool's joke that I was just too dim to grok.

Just like SAP then?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You might want to try SuiteCRM then. It's a UK produced SugarCRM fork, but with everything included instead of the traditional charging to make an Open Source product useful.

I think their business model relies on selling support and consultancy, and although we intend to use it fully selfhosted (once it tests out OK) for reasons of client protection, I plan to budget for their implementation team to assist us - not because we lack the tech skills, but because it's (a) more efficient and (b) the decent thing to do - those who write Open Source have to eat too, and I much prefer their approach to SugarCRM's "we'll charge you for anything that may be remotely useful" approach.

SuiteCRM isn't the only fork, but I never really got on with Vtiger.

3. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Facepalm

Salesforce as an issue/bug tracking system

That's not what salesforce is even for. Is your outfit utterly retarded?

Hint: It's SALESforce not BUGSforce ("what's up doc?").

Please call a vet with a horse termination syringe.

3. smudge
    FAIL

Just like opinions

Salesforces are like arseholes - everyone has one.

Stupid name for a company, let alone a building.

1. VinceH

Re: Just like opinions

"Stupid name for a company, let alone a building."

It always strikes me as stupid when I see a company name and address where the first line of the address after the company name includes the company name. Presumably companies habitually name their buildings after themselves because they think it makes them look bigger, and more flashy than they are.

I just think it makes them look like cocks.

(An exception has to be made for cases where the company has named themselves after where they're based - but even that can be silly if they subsequently move!)

4. F'tangF'tang

Fishy Fishy

Funny... Last time I was in there it had already been renamed "Salesforce Tower"

I did hear that other cloudy companies in there were not too pleased with the new address (aka Microsoft residing in Oracle Way, Berkshire syndrome)

But they do have a good aquarium in the reception ... The largest privately owned aquarium in Europe no less.

1. frank ly
      Happy

Re: Fishy Fishy

Saltwater or freshwater? Tropical or temperate? Details are important.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Something odd about this story. If Landmark were bemused why didn't they just say no?

I can ask my next door neighbour to rename his house 'Rightful property of Anonymous Coward' but it's only a news story if he says yes and notifies the neighbourhood.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You'll be hearing from my lawyers shortly.

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. Johan Bastiaansen

Funny

Always fun to see a big ego with a small brain.

8. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Mushroom

So when is salesforce getting these european servers online?

Frankly, I want to see a faster (and ajaxified) interface before the first nuke flies about Poroshenko's backyard ("of no economic interest", dixit NYT). So before end of Mai 2015, please.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re destroy all monsters

You'll see a new Aura based interface at Dreamforce I'm sure. When it will be GA I have no idea....

They've open sourced this new interface which is an interesting turn of events, will wait and see what that means practically.

Bloody silly announcement about the building at the London event where it was announced as the first building in London named after a company. I can only assume they hadn't heard of the Natwest Building or BT tower.

To be clear, salesforce aren't all about Sales CRM. They're a platform provider, and it's entirely possible to customise a version for issue tracking. If you have a problem with how it's been configured, talk to your implementer.

10. Gazman
    Coat

Hilarious

In Australia, these problems are simply resolved by selling naming rights to buildings, landmarks, etc.

However, Telstra Queen Elizabeth II may be going a bit too far...

11. Jo 5

Failforce

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like