back to article EMC has nothing to say on VMware sale plan

EMC has reportedly refused to say whether or not it intends to sell a stake in VMware, after being reported as entertaining just such a sale. Confused? Here's how this is playing out. Back in July, activist investor Elliot Management picked up a stake in EMC. Someone then whispered in The Wall Street Journal's ear that Elliot …

1. CheesyTheClown

Is EMC stillin business?

I thought EMC have up on storage. They also have up on making an administrator friendly virtual infrastructure. I thought they focused purely on pissing off their customers and partners these days.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oracle

nah that's not EMC that's Oracle\Sun

3. Velv
    Headmaster

The age old adage remains true - never believe anything until its been officially denied

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No chance. It's a stupid idea. The move would be great for VMware but bad for the much larger EMC business. Id guess VMWare is the main reason enterprises buy expensive storage arrays and for risk averse/lazy enterprise IT firms the psychological coupling of emc with VMware is key, regardless of any actual benefits or not.

Its no coincidence that EMC have comprehensively outperformed netapp, IBM etc since the acquisition.

5. The Godfather
    Meh

I smell a write-down...

.....at some point...If HP buys it

6. Mr Wrong

No chance

It's worth 40bn, HP doesn't have that much money to waste, this time someone else will have to be a lucky buyer

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like