back to article Who on Earth would buy a digi-watch? Answer: NUDISTS - in their millions

A leading British naturist, apparently speaking on behalf of millions of clothing-optional Britons, has welcomed the debut of the Apple iWatch and claimed the nude folk of Albion will soon be happily clasping it on. Andrew Welch, spokesman for British Naturism (BN) and Young British Naturism (YBN), said his birthday-suited …

1. i like crisps
    Paris Hilton

Dear 'Nude Supremo',

My 15 yr old Timex doesn't have a 'camera' either, so please don't encourage the purchase of this thing.

When you throw off your clothes also throw off the shackles of 'Modern Life'. Leave your electronic shite at home and truly be one with nature.

Paris: as she's been nude quite a few times!

2. MrT

"Nice apples..."

"Big leaf"

"Good grief" <serpent-facepalm-equivalent>

3. Tom 35

But you still need an iPhone

So not much help.

4. John Robson Silver badge

Smartphone glued to ear?

He doesn't get out much - the phone is a distinctly secondary (or lower) function...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Nudists have no pockets to carry around a phone"

Just stick it where the Sun don't shine and connect it with your Watch :)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "Nudists have no pockets to carry around a phone"

"Nudists have no pockets to carry around a phone"

Just stick it where the Sun don't shine and connect it with your Watch :)

Argh. You've just given a whole new meaning to the term "Darknet".

/shudder

2. msknight

..and don't forget to turn on "vibration alert."

3. illiad

erm... better wrap it in a 'mac' - most aren't waterproof!!...

6. Darryl

I for one

...don't want to encounter one of these "nature walks" they speak of...

7. Jason Togneri

Badly out of touch

"I am not one of the current generation who has a smartphone glued to his ear at all times."

Really? REALLY? This bloke clearly doesn't know that the current generation wouldn't be seen dead with a smartphone glued to their ear - doesn't he know that they are for texting selfies over the information superhighway? Put one to your ear and you won't be able to type OR take photos very efficiently. Such ignorance.

8. Caaaptaaaain kick arse

Have you got the time on yer cock?

tee hee

9. Mark 85

So I take it....

...that they don't approve Google Glass then? <shocked>

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

i usually have a "sack" with me at all times

even when I'm naked. It may be large but it doesn't have room to hold an iphone.

The iWatch may not have a camera, but it requires an iPhone, which certainly does.

I think Timex wins by a mile here.

Or maybe you're holding it wrong??

11. Qu Dawei

All you need is a few body-mods, like hooks, to enable things to be hung from them. A certain fruity company could introduce a kit to facilitate all this: the iPiercing.

12. JDX Gold badge

"I am not one of the current generation who has a smartphone glued to his ear at all times"

Then why is his opinion of any interest when discussing a modern smartphone accessory? It's about as relevant as asking an Amish what they think of the self-parking features on a modern car.

13. tony2heads
    Trollface

Chatham pocket?

There is always somewhere to keep your phone - but the camera function would find it too dark

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm not sure Apple would like being associated with Nudists... Apple is a US company, and we all know they are quite prudish... (myself I think there is nothing wrong with nudity, its natural, but I won't be walking down the street naked, too bloody cold in this country, even in the middle of summer!)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Forbidden Fruit

"I'm not sure Apple would like being associated with Nudists... Apple is a US company, and we all know they are quite prudish..."

Do you think that when Steve Jobs took a bite out of the Apple logo his eyes were opened and he knew that he was naked?

Warning: Post may contain religious references. Such material is purely fictional in nature and intended for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Etcetera...

15. Levente Szileszky

Provided it is waterproof, dustproof etc...

...which it isn't - because then it would be a Sony one.

16. Nifty Silver badge

would you

adam and eve it?

17. earl grey
    Joke

there's always nature's pocket

if you have to ask...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like