back to article Snapchat admits disappearing selfie app was actually lawsuit flinger's idea

Snapchat has settled its Facebook-like row with Reggie Brown, accepting his role in setting up the internet startup. Brown had sued founders CEO Evan Spiegel and CTO Bobby Murphy last year, claiming that Snapchat had been his idea when he was their roommate at Stanford and they forced him out of the burgeoning firm before the …

1. AbelSoul
    Trollface

Bet they wish all evidence of his contribution had "auto-disappeared" too.

2. Richard Boyce
    Thumb Down

Trustworthy?

Seems like a good reason not to trust the app.

1. ecofeco Silver badge

Re: Trustworthy?

To badly paraphrase; "Trust no app."

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Evidence in the "Reggie Brown" lawsuit

Having an idea and verbalising about in to roommates is one thing. What exactly was Browns contribution to Snapchat/Picaboo?

"From spring of 2011 and into the summer, [Brown] and Spiegel and Murphy lived, worked, developed and launched the Application together" ref

July 27, 2011 Email by Defendent Spiegel (Before Brown's Ouster): "I just built an app with two friend of mine (certified bros our frat just got kicked off campus) and we think you might really, really like it. It's called Picaboo and it's a game for sending disappearing pictures with your friends" ..

August 30, 2011 Email by Spiegel (after Brown's Ouster): I built an app this summer with a friends of mine (our frat got kicked off last year...) and I think you'd love it. It's called Picaboo and it's a game for sending disappearing pictures with your friends". ref

1. localzuk Silver badge

Re: Evidence in the "Reggie Brown" lawsuit

Ideas are patentable...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon