back to article Jony and Marc sitting in a tree ... let's design Apple iThings, BUDDY

Apple's design guru Jony Ive has hired a close friend to join his team in Cupertino. Marc Newson, who has previously worked with Ive on a number of designs for the fruity firm, will be based in Blighty and regularly jet out to California, Vanity Fair reported. The Hollywood-schmoozing magazine quoted Ive bigging up his chum …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

LOL, hipster names

Jony and Marc

Pathetic, and sums up Apple, and iThing owners instantly....

1. Frankee Llonnygog

Re: LOL, hipster names

Speaking as an Apple owner, I have yet to undergo the consonantectomy

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: LOL, hipster names

Pathetic the length Apple haters will go to, even criticizing people's names, just to get in a dig at Apple. Pathetic indeed that such criticism makes such people feel better about themselves, but I guess that's all they have in life.

2. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Meh

He's designed watches, according to his website.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Schoomzing

is my new favourite word.

4. Enrico Vanni

Gotta admit that it doesn't bode well when the PR dribble is about the (new) designers rather than the products.

It is becoming very apparent that Apple are shit scared - standing on the edge of the platform fearing failure with the next launch....

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

>Gotta admit that it doesn't bode well when the PR dribble is about the (new) designers rather than the products.

Er, why would Apple put out PR stuff about new products before the launch event?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Apple hiring...

Apple hired Anand Lal Shimpi of Anandtech the other day, too.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Marc Newson quote about re-designing a bicycle

“I approached both bikes as an exercise in joining the dots and looked for the simplest form that was able to do this, to connect the headset to either the bottom bracket or seat and then to the rear wheel. Also, it was of huge importance to me to lose all the superfluous shit and hide all the ugly bits, like the cables.”

Marc Newson is perfect for Apple he has clearly attended the same bullshitter school as Mr Ive

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like