back to article Chicago demands ticket taxes from eBay, StubHub

The City of Chicago is suing eBay and its secondhand ticket outfit StubHub, claiming they've failed to collect millions of dollars a year in city taxes. On Monday, as reported by The Associated Press, the city filed separate suits against eBay and its subsidiary, demanding records of their Chicago-area ticket sales. A Chicago …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Moss Icely Spaceport
    Thumb Down

Chicago Entertainment Tax?

WTF

There is nothing entertaining about Chicago...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Money grab?

I don't get why all of a sudden online retailers have become fair game after almost a decade or so of them being around. It just seems like a money grab to me, it's not like an AUCTION site like eBay should be made to pay the taxes of the sellers on there. Either way this whole thing just reeks of BS to me. Some people may go 'wah wah but why should they avoid paying taxes', i dont think they should avoid paying taxes for sales of their own products, but the commision they charge for sales lets them run the site, and if people disagree then they are fools!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@money grab

All you will get is companies setting up offshore or tax haven offices that sell the goods to their in-state [legally distinct] companies which then resell onto consumers.

Therefore avoiding all taxes.

4. Mike
    Joke

nothing entertaining about Chicago????

Have you never heard of Lake Shore Drive? Everyday thousands of commuters take LSD on their way to work. Doesn't that sound entertaining? (thanks to Stephen Colbert for that joke)

5. heystoopid
    Joke

So

So , the ghost of Chairman Ronnie's proposition 13 still haunts the land to this day !

6. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Yes, we have a RIGHT to our taxes

And NO, you don't have a right to vote on them...get over it. We're so far in hock we need every bit of tax money we can squeeze out of everyone; and the more we can get out of third parties and businesses who can't vote on it, THE BETTER!

7. Chris iverson
    Jobs Horns

nothing to see here

Chicago is also the city that has a 10% sales tax, a pack of cigarettes cost $8(adjusting for inflation:$73), and a park that was supposed to be open for the millennium but happened to go 3 times over budget and opened 3 years AFTER the millennium.

Shitcago needs all the money it can get

Evil steve because it feels like an apple tax

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like