back to article Japan gets cryptic timepiece

Wrist watches that display the time using LED arrangements are nothing new, but this latest version from Japanese manufacturer Tokyoflash is so bonkers that even Stephen Hawking would have trouble working out how many minutes past four it is. Infection_01 LED colour groupings indicate the time. Apparently According to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Easy!

10:37 and 3:48

2. Dr Patrick J R Harkin
    Paris Hilton

Bracken Dawson

Yeah - but by the time you'd worked it out it would have been 10:39 and 4:01!

But I just want to see Paris using one...

3. GlamourAndCompany

Strange Time Piece

I think by the time you figure out how exactly to tell the time with this you'll be late.

4. John Sykes

Think ahead

WIth a little training, you can do this in under a minute, so just add a minute to the time you calculate and, by the time you say it, you'll be near as dammit right!

Then again, after using this for some time, would you be able to read a normal watch?

5. Mark Staniforth
    Thumb Up

That can't be right, can it?

"eleven yellow LEDs represent groups of four minutes, and four green LEDs show single minutes"

Surely that would mean it can't ever register a time where the minutes are greater than 49? I think the yellow LEDs must represent 5 minutes intervals rather than 4 which cover the full 59 minutes and that also makes it a lot easier to work out.

That make is 10:46 and 3:59 by the way.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Telling the Time

Thing is, when I look at my watch, I'm not really looking at what time it is. You glance at it and know how much time has passed, or how long it is until whatever you have to do at 4pm, but you don't register what the time actually is. Many times I've glanced at my watch, been happy with what it's told me, had someone ask what the time is, and had to take a second, longer look to be able to tell them. This is why I can't get on with digital watches, the numbers don't show the relationship between different times like the hands on an analogue watch do. So this would be much, much worse, you can't even tell what the time is now by glancing at it, let alone the relationship between what the time is now and when your next appointment is.

Having said that, it is quite cool, and telling the time isn't too hard with it. I wouldn't use it though, apart from maybe for confusing people with!

This topic is closed for new posts.