back to article Cult of T-Mob US wants you to INDOCTRINATE your friends and family

T-Mobile US has promised a year's free mobile data for subscribers who convince friends and family to join its network. The biz said that from 29 August it will reward customers who refer peeps from other carriers with one year of free LTE data for both the customer and the referred party. Those with unlimited data plans will …

1. admiraljkb
    Joke

John Legere now starring in....

SNARKNADO!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

[OT] T-mobile building in the night

Don't their neightbours complain of migraine or color blindness ?

http://cdn.geekwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/20131223_202236.jpg

3. Steve Knox

So have they...

fixed the massive holes in their coverage yet?

4. Fihart

Wouldn't work here.

At least not with my friends. Having heard me bleating about T Mob issues, aren't likely to suddenly accept my recommendation to join T Mob.

5. Al Jones

This whole "Freinds and family" crap is such a pain in the arse!

I know why the US telcos like it so much - it makes the account much "stickier" but I don't want 4 or 6 or 10 lines, I just want one! I don't want to have to make arrangements with other people when I want to change my phone plan.

T-Mobile does have a reasonably priced (by US standards anyway) "unlimited web & text" plan for $30/month, but you only get 100 minutes of voice with that, and there is no true "pay-as-you-go" service available - you have to refill your account every 30 days, or they'll expire your number. You might as well go bill-pay if you have to pre-pay ever 30 days, whether you're using the phone or not! I'd like to pre-pay for 5GB of data, say, and use it over 6 months or a year, none of this 30-day expiration guff.

6. Gannettt

I've just sold my soul and renewed my contract with AT&T for another 2 years. I did look into T-Mobile, but the service issues that many were complaining about made me stick with the devil I know.

And as another poster noted, the PAYG plans here are really just contract phones that you can stop at any time. They really are a rip-off, especially the way they debit your balance every day even if you don't use the phone. Oh for British/European style phone deals here!

7. AsherGoldbergstein

Better to give your money to legere than any of the parasites running the monopoly.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like