back to article LOHAN gets laughing gear round promotional mug

As we reported yesterday, the Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) team has scrapped plans to launch the Vulture 2 spaceplane above Europe and is instead taking its audacious ballocket mission to Spaceport America in New Mexico. To fund the basic extra costs of the relocation, we'll be rattling the tin down at …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looking good

But can we have some ... well larger sized 'T' shirts please. US XXL is great.

Too many years of beer drinking are clearly evident.

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Looking good

Yup, the t-shirts will be available in all sizes up to XXXL.

1. Ralph B

Will the XXXL T-shirts also use the "stretched" logo, so that it appears circular when worn by their fuller-figured owners?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Ralph, I was thinking along the same lines if there is a version for the ladies.

2. Camilla Smythe

@Ralph B

Assuming Mr Haines has been used as the template to 're-circle the circle' you should be good to go, I humbly apologise.

In respect of an implied, my interpretation, suggestion elsewhere regarding pregnant ladies although that might have been my own illusion, presumably the logo will be subject to relocation and re-cicularisation in order to cover the nascent ballocketnauts bump.

Of course given women come with two jubs, and I realise blokes have two as well but err... There is the opportunity to include both EU and USA logos in the appropriate positions with the required re-circulisation, and three to accommodate pregnant ladies.

Of course given the introduction of ladies to the equation of Lohan Haute Couture a restriction to Small, Medium, Fat Bastard and Extra Fat Bastard might introduce unsolvable mathematical equations to the impossible solution.

Extra Research via online lingerie catalogues might be required.

I am surprised I have, as yet, made no spellling mistakes. Oh silly me, spurl checker not switched on. I shall now write a stiff letter to the OED to get them to sort their act out.

2. Vulch

How about

Rather than mugs with the same version of the patch on each side, one version one side and the other on the other?

1. VinceH

Re: How about

That was my thinking when I read that. There is some logic to having both on the one mug - representing that it's an overpuddlevulture launch of a eurovulture project. Or something like that.

1. Billa Bong

Vince, you'd probably still have to produce two versions though for left handed/depending on which side of the globe you want to look at when drinking the morning brew...

1. VinceH

Does handedness really matter when drinking? I'm right handed, but my drinking hand varies with seemingly no rhyme nor reason.

3. Sir Barry
    Pint

Excellent, I'll be ordering a t-shirt in Extra Fat.

Beer coz the weekend is starting now!

4. Ralph B

Practical Questions

Are the mug-logos dish-washer proof?

Is the T-shirt logo tumble-dryer proof?

1. Pypes

Re: Practical Questions

The mugs are dye-sub so they are pretty much everything proof, short of sand-blasting the glaze off.

5. Pypes

They mocked me for daring to dream of a world where circles printed onto cylinders looked circular from certain angles, mocked me.

But who's laughing now!!!!!

In true mad scientist fashion I have some rather sad looking prototypes hanging around the office waiting to die.

1. willi0000000

"Deploying some fiendish mathematics and tears of experience" . . . an accurate, if unintended, description.

well done, sir.

6. Nigel Cro
    Pint

Mug??

In view of the skilfully crafted and carefully chosen motto for the enterprise, I am surprised to see the logo appearing an a receptacle whose primary purpose is the containment of warm, non-alcoholic beverages.

Could I petition the powers that be for the inclusion of a taller, more glass-like receptacle capable of holding something in the order of 568.261485 millilitres of Tanglefoot*?

* Other Alcoholic beverages are available (but not as nice).

1. Jellied Eel Silver badge
      Pint

Re: Mug??

Still fine for café irlandés and if using the official 2 parts whiskey to 4 parts coffee, ideal for getting a drunken buzz on..

1. joeW

Irish coffee needs to be served in a glass and topped with cream - otherwise you've just got coffee with whiskey in it.

I'm of the opinion that Irish Coffee is a great way to ruin three perfectly fine liquids in one go though,

1. Jellied Eel Silver badge

Mine's the diet version. But looks like the glass issue is resolved. So that would be errm.. nearly 200ml of Whiskey :)

2. Peter Simpson 1
      Pint

Yeah, I think you're risking alienating your primary market (pub crawlers) by not offering a suitable beverage container (see icon for example).

7. Hud Dunlap
    Alert

can we get a different color T Shirt?

Black is not practical in Texas.

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

Black is not practical in Texas

or for those of us who are a bit flaky. er, I mean dandruffy...

Something in a light or medium grey, perhaps.

8. Kevin Johnston

Complaints

That's what I see here, nothing but complaints...

I for one am overjoyed to see the offerings and I would be willing to pay double, nay treble the cost to support such a well-meaning body.

Oh, not actually got any prices yet. Must have fallen into a Python moment there, apologies all

1. ukgnome

Re: Complaints

Totally agree - bloody whine whine whine

Suck it up commentards, when kickstarter goes live I expect to see your grubby mits stuffing Lester's thong with fivers!

1. JimmyPage Silver badge
        Alert

Re:stuffing Lester's thong with fivers!

MInd bleach to aisle 5 please

9. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

pint glass (screened/imprinted rather than etched)

echoing others who have asked for a pint glass. I know you earlier mentioned that etching was frightfully expensive. However, the imprinting technique used on the coffee mug should also work on a pint glass. I have any number of imprinted beer glasses that are completely dishwasher safe and regularly used. I would dearly love to add one or more with the LOHAN and/or SPB logos.

Ideally, you could offer in three versions: LOHAN (US), LOHAN (EU), and SPB logo on one side with Vulture on the other. Several more choices would cover combinations thereof so as to avoid the aforementioned extra fees

10. JimmyPage Silver badge
    Pint

Beer glass - excellent idea ...

especially if twice the price of the coffee mugs ...

Re: Beer glass - excellent idea ...

Ok, we give in - we're adding an engraved beer tankard to the rewards

1. John Gamble
        Coat

Hurrah! The will of the unwashed mob of commentards people has triumphed!

Now, about the option to put the logo on a Tesla Model X...?

(Mine's the one with the LOHAN patch on both shoulders.)

2. Peter Simpson 1
        Paris Hilton

...and there was much rejoicing!

Re: Re: Beer glass - excellent idea ...

Yes, I can hear the traditional fanfares of trumpets from here.

3. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Whoa whoa whoa ...

Tankard

That's a whole 'nother level :)

11. Graham Dresch
    Pint

Beverage Containers

These people ( who i have absolutely no connection with ) do an excellent line in custom printed beer containers

http://www.festivalglass.co.uk/

12. DiViDeD

I'll have a beer glass, ta

OK, I'm in. Good luck on getting the funding. Should be easy, I mean if every committed commentard gave a quid, that'd be a tenner to get started.

And come October, it'll be fun popping into the Lord Nelson in The Rocks and saying 'There you go son - fill that'

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon