back to article The Register to boldly go where no Vulture has gone before: The Weekend

On the internet there are certain things you can be pretty sure of. Nubile young women lusting after you probably aren't (any of those things); free stuff almost certainly isn't free, and may not even be stuff; and after 5pm San Francisco time on Friday there probably won't be anything decent published on the Register until the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. phuzz Silver badge
    Trollface

Digital avatar

"created using pioneering lean-CGI techniques developed entirely in-house."

MS Paint?

1. Frankee Llonnygog

Re:MS Paint?

Political correctness gone mad! That's Mrs Paint to you

2. dogged
    3. Marcus Aurelius
      Childcatcher

by Rolf Harris

I forgot to mention that "in-house" was "in the Big House"

(ref http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/big%20house)

2. AbelSoul

Weeeekeeeend....

the weekend will commence around British Friday lunchtime

Sounds about right.

Glad that's settled.

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
      Pint

Re: Weeeekeeeend....

Especially the one coming as it is weekend until Tuesday Yay!

That give plenty of time for a few (see Icon) and Steam on the SVR(http://www.svr.co.uk/) as a prelude to a big bash next weekend at the GDSF (http://www.gdsf.co.uk/) unless the location is a quagmire that is.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Especially the one coming as it is weekend until Tuesday Yay!

What do you mean "the one coming"?? Don't you folks know that the weekend starts Wednesday evening and ends Wednesday morning? That gives you 8 hours or so to sleep, shower and get ready to start all over again ;)

2. Vinyl-Junkie
      Pint

That was my thought, too!

Otherwise posited as "So no change there, then!"

3. Mage Silver badge

However

Examination of traffic and posting times / dates suggests most reading (and posting on all Forums) must be from Work computers and 9 to 5 approx for the time zone of user.

1. DropBear

Re: However

I'm, uh, not going to argue with that... but I do find myself regularly opening El Reg while slurping the Saturday / Sunday morning coffee, only to remember "awww, crap..."

1. Gordon 10
        Flame

Re: However

or whilst dropping the kids off at the pool.......

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh good

Something to look forward to for a Monday morning.

5. Steven Raith

"We can't do anything about the non-vixens and the free lunches"

*deletes bookmark*

6. James 51
    Alien

Any Coincidence that Dr. Who is starting this weekend as well?

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Well spotted

Vultures working on the WE seemed a bit odd. Now I understand: they'll be using the TARDIS to post WE stuff on weekdays.

1. Steven Raith

Re: Well spotted

I'm using the commenTARDIS to post this.

<sorry>

Steven R

7. Billa Bong

If I browse El Reg from home what will I do at work?

Is this the blurring of work life and home life again? Will my kids cope with the change in Dad's availability?

8. Buzzword

No.

Just no. Leave us in peace at the weekend!

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
      Facepalm

Re: No.

You don't have to read this forum you know!!!!!!!

9. Elmer Phud

Very nice

Something for the weekend, Sir?

Will there be some pull-out stickers in a series of images of LOHAN?

1. Peter Simpson 1
      Pint

Re: Very nice

All SPB, all the [weekend] time?

Well, and the pub/beer reviews, of course.

10. Goldmember
    Thumb Up

Thumbs up...

...to more of El Reg, and a bit of a shake up in the content. I actually do browse the site quite frequently at the weekend, and have to look through some of the older articles I missed during the week as there's nothing new.

Also, I personally would like some more articles on cars. I know there was a link to send an email with suggestions, but in my defence I am far too lazy to go back and send one.

1. Matt 21

Re: Thumbs up...

I, personalty, would like fewer articles on cars. There are loads of car reviewing web sites out there and most of them do the job better.

Articles about car hacking on the other hand......

11. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Good News!

Looking forward to it.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Excellent

Another excuse I can offer up to SWMBO for not doing the gardening.

1. Ted Treen
      Alert

Re: Excellent

How in God's name do you get away with it?

Or are you writing from a ward, whilst your wheelchair/crutches/prosthetics are being serviced?

1. present_arms

Re: Excellent

He's using voice recognition, Oh wait no, it's formatted properly. *shrugs* I have no idea how he manages it.

13. Ashton Black

Great stuff. Mo Reg, Mo IT!

14. Anthony Hegedus Silver badge
    Happy

An old friend

I've been reading The Register since I can't remember - 1998? - something like that. And it's my go-to source of information and news. During 9/11 when all the news websites couldn't cope, I ended up reading the latest on The Register. I go to the register before I go to the bbc news website every day. The reporting, if slightly eccentric at times, is brilliant - no bullshit, well written and just the right level of sarcasm. And now I get to read more of it. Well done!

1. Chris 3

Re: An old friend

I seem to remember that it started out as an e-mail newsletter didn't it - pre-Web. Or am I wrong?

2. SineWave242

Re: An old friend

I feel you on this one 100%. ;)

15. frank ly

Grub/nosh/snacks

Can we have cooking/recipe suggestions by early on Saturday that we can try to cook them on Saturday night? Then we can have post mortem picture links on Sunday. I miss the bacon sarnie debates.

1. chivo243 Silver badge
      Happy

Re: Grub/nosh/snacks

great idea. Always looking to break out of the rut. Some new ideas for Saturday lunch are welcome here!

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

What is this "Saturday lunch" you speak of? By the time I get out of bed and have Saturday breakfast, it's nearly tea time.

1. Steven Raith

I'm with John.

Maybe some post hangover slow cooker recipes to prepare while hammered, post pub?

"Now, when you come to slice the tomatos, remember to focus on just one of the three sets of hand/knife/tomato in front of you, to avoid adding something more than tomato juice to the chopping board"

Steven "hic" R

2. Oldfogey
          Happy

So where do you fit in Second Breakfast?

3. chivo243 Silver badge

I have a kid, he's 4! No rest for the wicked...

2. SineWave242

Excellent idea! Some geekish fast food recipes. Actually, I'm an expert for 15-20min preparation meals so Reg should contact me for that. :)

3. The_Idiot

Then just for you (well, and everyone on my web site, but if I told you where that is, I could be accused of the Great Sin of Marketing) - Why Every Kitchen Needs a Knitting Needle!

************************************************************************************************************

There isn’t much garlic doesn’t go with. Well, except vampires. Though if you want to know why vampires really hate garlic, you’ll have to read my 'XXXXXXXXXXXXX' :-).

So. Garlic doesn’t go with vampires, at least it doesn’t if you’re the vampire and not the walking bottle of yum a vampire tends to look for on a dark and stormy… No. Not on a dark and stormy night. Definitely not on a dark and stormy night.

Cue lightning :-).

But garlic goes with most other things. Well, maybe not trifle. Perhaps. Though…. Hmmmmmm….

No. Not trifle :-).

Still. I was talking about garlic recently somewhere else. And I suggested every kitchen needed a knitting needle. A what? Yes. You heard right.

Every kitchen needs a knitting needle.

So why does every kitchen need a knitting needle? Listen very carefully, young paddy-wack. I shall tell you.

To start with, get some big Portabello mushrooms. When we say ‘big’ here, think about two or three to a plate. A dinner plate. A big dinner plate :-).

Next, take out the mushroom stalks. This is where I’m supposed to say ‘keep them and use them for… (insert something you never get round to doing here)’. I won’t. Eat them. Raw. They’re good. Alright. OK. If you insist. Chop them and mix them with some shredded cheese. Look at the cheese. Decide you don’t like that cheese. Throw it all away. So. We're good with the whole 'stalker' thing, right? Right. Onward and downward. Yes, Jones Minor. I can see you there at the back. Or sideways.

Next, chop up some fresh garlic. Don’t chop it too fine. You’re going to make garlic butter. It’s really, really hard. No, really. It is! It's like, so hard, it's harder than a.... OK. It isn’t. Hard to make, I mean. Just don’t tell anyone. It spoils the mystique :-P. Yes, if you insist. You can use store garlic butter if you want. But chop up some garlic anyway .

Make garlic butter.

What do you mean, how? OK. Get a ramekin. Yes, or a little bowl. But don’t call it a little bowl. Pretend it’s a ramekin. Why? Because I said so, that’s why :-P.

Put some butter in the small bo… in the ramekin. How much? It’s going to thickly cover the frilly sides of your mushrooms. Why do mushrooms have frills? Well, they’re Victorian mushrooms. They’re embarrassed. Yes, that means I don’t know. Or I do know and I don’t care :-PP.

Throw your chopped garlic on the top of the butter. Use a fork to mix it in.

Alright. Yes, I probably should have said ‘let the butter get soft' first. So sue me :-).

Throw on some more garlic. Mix some more with the fork.

Throw on some more… oh. We did that bit.

Now get some tin foil. Make little cups/ boats big enough for the mushroom caps to sit in. Yes. I know. They were big mushrooms. So make big boats :-). The rim of the boat/ cup should come higher than the top of the mushroom that’s going to sit in it.

Yes, you can wear a pirate hat while making the boats if you like.

Yes, or a sailor hat.

No. Not a Stetson. Oh. Alright then, Jones Minor. You can wear a Stetson. Yes, I know Stetsons are cool. Will you put the gun away now, please? Pretty please?

On with the motley. Whatever motley may be. Take your mushroom caps. Take your knitting needle. See? You knew a knitting needle was going to come in somewhere, right? Well, it is. It’s going to go in the mushrooms. Push holes through the cap, frill side to skin side, with the knitting needle. Don't worry that the holes seem to close up some. OK. Are you ready? Now for the next hard bit that's not really hard. Really ready? So....

Cover the frilly side of the mushroom caps with the garlic butter. Make the butter layer thick. When you've made it really, really thick - add more garlic butter. If your skin starts to blister, and a blonde runs through the door clutching a stake - you're a vampire. You probably aren't going to like the mushrooms. If you're not a vampire, put the mushroom caps in the tin foil boats.

Now heat up the oven. HOT. Put the mushroom boats on a baking tray, or in a shallow pan, and in the oven..

This is where the magic happens. The secret’s in those little holes you made. The butter starts to melt in the caps - and runs down through the holes. The melting butter cooks and flavours the inside of the caps, then through and pools under the caps. The oven’s hot. So the butter’s hot. It cooks/ fries the skin side from the underneath. And remember those bits of garlic you mixed into the butter? They won’t fit. Down the holes. So they sit there on the frills. Cooking.

This next bit is purely optional. You can put the mushroom caps under a hot grill (that's a brolier for our colonial cousins) for a while to brown the garlic a little. But you don't want to let them burn or scorch. Really. You don’t. Trust me on this.

No, I’m not a doctor. Yes, you can trust me on this anyway. Well, about burnt garlic, at least.

OK. You’re done. Take the caps out of the boats. Throw away the boats and the melted butter, unless you don't want to. I have no idea why you wouldn’t want to throw them away, but the choice is entirely yours :-P. Pat the bases of the mushrooms dry. Put them on a plate. If they live that long

So there you are. Why every kitchen needs a knitting needle. Or at least, why I think it does. Now it’s your turn. What unusual item is in your kitchen, and why?

No. Not that one. I’m probably too young :-).

************************************************************************************************************

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Allergy

Be very careful if you ever vist California, keep the air on recirculate when you pass Gilroy...

2. Salts

I think a some chopped up bacon in the top of the cap, or nice butchers sausage, black pudding and serve with an fried egg on top, don't want no veggies type meals if they go ahead with this suggestion :-)

1. The_Idiot

@Salts

And as you have swiftly and wisely seen, this is one of the benefits of the Knitting Needle Special - it's highly adaptable :-).

Variances I've tried:

1: Include the chopped up bacon, both with it mixed into the garlic butter and put on top to crisp while grilling the garlic

2: With suitable mushrooms that dip well in the centre) an egg cracked on top of the garlic once the mushroom is cooked, and put back in the oven to bake or under the grill to cook.

3: Add a side of pan-fried steak (striploin). Fry the steak in that melted butter that collected under the caps because it's got all that lovely garlic (sorry to those that hate or are allergic to garlic) flavour in.

4: Ditch the silver foil boats. Make quality beef burgers, but thicker than usual. Make boat wells in the burgers, and sit the mushrooms in the wells. Now the garlic butter melts down through the mushrooms, and into the burgers as they cook, to help them cook through and flavour them. When they're done, the mushrooms are cooked into the burgers - put them on a plate and enjoy!

So no. No risk of veggie-ness here - unless you want it that way. The choice, as they say on all the bad games shows, is yours! :-).

1. Steven Raith

@The_idiot - I'm blaming you for my oncoming heart disease, that sounds pretty damned good - especially the burger one.

I think we're onto something here with the foodyness stuff - there's an article this weekend about coffee and there were some great suggestions in that comment thread too.

El Reg readership, being pragmatic* foodies? Whodathunkit?

Steven R

*pragmatic foodyism is fine - when it's being fancy with food for nothing more than the sake of being fancy....less so.

16. Psmiffy
    Go

Proceed ...

with this nonsense at flank speed.

17. MyffyW Silver badge

Motoring and Cooking Section

Together. Under one roof. Would love to know what Verity Stob makes of the Nissan Gooseberry, or BOFH's take on putting vegetable oil in your turbo diesel.

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Re: Motoring and Cooking Section

> vegetable oil in your turbo diesel

Why, that works perfectly well with almost any modern injection pump (up to 1/2 oil). With minor modifications you can run on pure oil (eg colza oil). All is needed is a serious boost to the pre-heating circuitry (once the engine is hot it runs on pure oil without a hitch). The torque is (reportedly) increased, too. But the exhaust smells of fries...

I've only seen the full mod on agricultural machines as it's illegal on public roads, but I do know a number of people who routinely run on 1/2 vegetable oil in their unmodified turboD car.

"I've only seen the full mod on agricultural machines as it's illegal on public roads, but I do know a number of people who routinely run on 1/2 vegetable oil in their unmodified turboD car."

According to this BBC article, it's not been illegal since July 2007 so long as you don't make more than 2,500 Litres.

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Oh, making fuel is not illegal but where I live any mod to the engine (such as supercharging the pre-heating system, required in order to run on pure vegetable oil) have to be rubberstamped by the appropriate authority before the vehicle can be considered road-legal. Perhaps it's not the case in the UK though.

2. Neil Barnes Silver badge

I made some gooseberry jam a couple of weeks ago, but there were no Nissans involved.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Complete with containers of beer - variably full - placed adjacent to the kit, in order to create a fully realistic RF blocking environment."

You did that with a straight face. I'm truly impressed. And will be stealing that line.

1. Cipher
      Pint

Beer as RF block...

I had no idea that beer had RF blocking properties. Now with a citable (and reputable)source, an addition to the IT tool box should be an easy sell to management...

19. ausnerd
    Meh

This is not good...

Now when I reach for my iDevice every 80 seconds to check the news over the weekend I can feed my news addiction with my favorite news source. My wife will leave me. My kids will end up junkies. My dog will run away. My pickup truck will run out of gas idling for hours.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A Curate's Egg

The suggested non-IT subjects for the weekend will tend to merely pad out the home page synopses. Such articles should be a rare leavening of El Reg - not an almost unrelated weekend binge. By Monday any IT articles from the previous week will have paged out of view - with Fridays' IT articles liable to be missed. That may also make following new comments a bit more awkward - if they were not bookmarked.

Most of the normal IT articles are not time-critical - often having appeared in the mainstream media a few days earlier. What is needed is a bit of traffic shaping to provide a smooth data flow - spreading the normal number of articles over seven days rather than five. The active moderation over the weekend will be a big bonus. That means interactions will progress during a weekend's leisurely reading - avoiding several people making the same comment which is currently only revealed on Monday.

21. Someone Else Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Congrats to Kelly!

And condolences on your Lost Weekends. (Hmmm...on second thought....)

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Will there be a Sunday Colour Supplement?

1. chivo243 Silver badge

yes. but it will make the edition heavier, causing your browser to load slowly.

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre

And it will deplete the red toner.

23. Mystic Megabyte
    Flame

weekend options

How about a BT parody portal?

I might be able to get revenge for all these "A special BT offer just for you" letters that the bastards keep sending me.

BTW. Dear BT, I don't watch sport, I don't have a TV and I do remember Phorm.

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Re: weekend options

They stole the MotoGP from me this year too, the packet sniffing bastards.

24. Ketlan
    Happy

Loadsa pussies

'On the internet there are certain things you can be pretty sure of. Nubile young women lusting after you probably aren't (any of those things); free stuff almost certainly isn't free, and may not even be stuff...'

I'm surprised you didn't mention cats.

Splendid news, chaps.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Suggestion: Porn review

Guaranteed monster page hits; plus a possible record-breaking webcast as the Register Hacks compete to see who gets the job. Some job interview suggestions:

● Cage match

● Drinking competition (you'd probably need to hook up some big data for that one, as I would expect a loooong war of attrition with Reg Hacks)

● Geocache race around London (and other reg-nest cities) where the contestants have to alternate between London cabs and Uber cars; with bonus points being awarded for the promixity of the drivers to each other.

● Ultimate bacon creation competition (only counts if the contestants eat all of their creation without their arteries exploding).

26. Alistair Dabbs

phwoar

Did we just call Tim Worstall "buff"?

1. Tim Worstal

Re: phwoar

Well, the fewer cheeseburgers and no soda pop diet has made Worstall about 3 stone more buff......although I'd hesitate to claim that being "more buff" equates to "being buff". Having fewer chins but still multiple ones probably doesn't qualify for the state of buffness even if the direction of travel is right.....

27. The Dude
    Paris Hilton

Nubile young women lusting...

Just a suggestion... add it. Other publications do. You could feature "Tech babe of the week", who works in IT and has a nice (server) rack. Include photos and a short bio.

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: Nubile young women lusting...

I'm available, but it's going to take some photoshop work to make my "rack" look anything other than fat and hairy

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre

With the same techniques they use on celebs, you'll get catcalls in no time at all.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

"Let meow-t"

2. fearnothing

Just a suggestion... add it. Other publications do. You could feature "Tech babe of the week", who works in IT and has a nice (server) rack. Include photos and a short bio.

I would call you a dinosaur, but dinosaurs are cool. Go back to The Sun and stop alienating our female commentard fellows.

As for the OP, I work weekends, and it can be very dull. Thumbs up for making it slightly less so for me!

1. The Dude
        Devil

I was sorta hoping that our "female commentard fellows would be first pick" for pics... if you see what I mean.

1. Evil Auditor Silver badge

Dude, I see what you mean. That's why you should retire to the cave you emerged from. Shoo!

1. The Dude
            Boffin

Judging by some of the comments, the idea that techie fellows are a lusty bunch of nerds who salivate over beautiful women, is simply a myth. I blame Google.

28. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Facepalm

But But

If El Reg is calling to me on weekends as well as the erm, working week, when will I find time to actually do anything?

29. Mark 85

I guess it's official then...

With El Reg now publishing on the weekends, the Internet, etc. is now open 24/7?

30. ld0614

Wahoo!

31. Primus Secundus Tertius

Seriously, though, they are doing ...

I have doubts about this weekend publishing idea.

The market niche of the Reg is computer trade press plus science and technical reports, all for technically qualified readers who tire of the dumbing down in the mainstream press and TV. Although the tech reporting has lost some of its sharpness in the last year or so.

The weekend will be different, and you will be competing with many other competent sources. Looks like a way of losing money.

1. beboyle
      Gimp

Re: Seriously, though, they are doing ...

"many other competent sources"

Oh? Name two!

1. Sir Runcible Spoon
        Coat

Re: Seriously, though, they are doing ...

I think Dilbert publishes on the weekend

32. ElectricRook

Daily Mail

Do you think you can maybe convince the BOFH to lift the mobe app from the daily mail? They have a pretty nice one . . . a nice mobe app UI that is, once you get past all the pics of Kim's backside.

I especially like the DM mobe apps UI caching feature as here in California we have some of the worst internet connections in the world . . . funny ol' world ain't it?

I wonder just how much bandwidth that Kim's backside sucks down around the world.

33. Fr. Ted Crilly Silver badge

Welcome to Sunnyvale Kelly.

Hail the new weekend trailer park supervisor !

'We'll also now have breaking news coverage and social media frolics on Saturdays and Sundays, mostly from freshly crowned Weekend Editor'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunnyvale_Trailer_Park

34. Ken 16 Silver badge
    Trollface

Not just a queue then?

it'll be nice to see innovative breaking news and fresh content, not just a queue of press releases that didn't merit space mid week.

35. earl grey
    Joke

new Week End Environment

or WEE

how appropriate

36. Hungry Sean
    Devil

need a dose of evil

how about a slot for Dominic Connor writing whatever the hell he pleases?

Not nearly enough evil headhunters M-F.

37. Nick Pettefar

Do we get a Page Three too?

38. Eltonga
    Pint

the "not-so serious-side-of"...

HW...

I'd like to see some more news on HW hacks for gaming or other not-IT-industry uses...

Also some DIY IT/HW articles would do fine to me on weekends. They would do too on the... erm... weekdays.

39. Gannon (J.) Dick

Weekends

So if I get tired and emotional, you'll find them for me ?

40. Andy 17
    Go

May I suggest...

..a section dedicated to the review of various Bulgarian airbags?

41. chivo243 Silver badge
    Pint

Looking out the window

I see the garden. Perhaps gardening could be an option too? Or DIY, el Reg Style! I have a few projects in the to do jar. Just not finding the motivation or... err the motivation to get moving. Maybe some success stories might give me the foot in the ass I need?

It's Friday, work is a distant memory, have a pint!

42. Britt

Rack of the week

I fully recommend a Rack Of The Week.

We can start on the first Sunday with a nice gander at a Dell Blade server. The Cooler the better.

There is a subset amongst IT types that love to share their "set-ups" and hovels. Some being cool, others for the horridness of them.

Happy

Re: Rack of the week

"There is a subset amongst IT types that love to share their "set-ups" and hovels. Some being cool, others for the horridness of them."

Been done, though it may be time for another update...

Ventblockers, 2009.

Ventblockers: Rise of the Dustbunnies, 2010

Maybe it's time for a re-imagining directed by Tim Burton, Ventblockers III: Revenge of the Mice, starring Helena Bonham Carter as the deranged mouse which craps all over the inside of your PC. There may even be room for a bit part by Gary Lineker?

43. Aslan

Take a break on the weekend.

I appreciate the effort and I think it's going to be lots of fun to get new and varied content from The Register, but you need to take some time off and so do we. I will agree you definitely should have a mod/copy editor working though. I look forward to new content from Alistair Dabbs and especially Tim (Rocket Windows) Worstall. The Register often has details you won't find elsewhere, and you're not afraid to call a spade a spade. Plus the headlines and the humor, oh my gosh you manage it like no one else. When's your next story on the death of the Queen?

44. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hate it

Saturday, 12:30CET. I'm wanting to read Dabsey. Only just posted.

PLEASE, just put everything up on a Friday like normal, and let us browse at leisure. Don't f**king drip feed us like moronic Mail readers. Reg readers have the ability and knowledge to pop on line whenever and choose what we want to read and when.

I want to sync my Reg Android app on a Friday and have a cache of stories when I'm away from 3G coverage.

This is JUST to force people to check up more regularly though the weekends, thus improving your Ad display rate. I seriously thought the Reg was above this, but apparently not.

45. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More 'user' SPB stuff

More home HW hacks would be good (whatever happened to the robot lawnmower ?), especially if they have frikkin lasers.

You could start by doing an article on this guy (warning, it currently runs to 41 very long pages and takes more than a weekend to read it all), there is some serious power tool pron to exite the jaded (including doing things with angle grinders I'd never imagined such as using an angle grinder on wood, WTF!).

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?166255-I-want-to-build-airplane-lifting-wheels-into-my-boat-Im-building-but-dont-know-how

46. bed
    Pint

Filling the void

Yes, a good idea to fill the void with, perhaps one or less of:

O Visits to techy interesting visitor attractions (challenge someonw to do the Lighthouse Museum @ AB43 9DU) - I visited Bletchley following one such Reg article.

O Essays involving some crystal ball gazing - we are still using von neumann architecture and that will have to change if something like memristor technology takes off.

O The best 10 (educational games, sci-fi books, geek presents, perl manuals, single-board computers, microbreweries in some random location)

O More tales of remote working scenarios

Cheers

47. Terrence Bayrock
    Thumb Up

Grrrrreat !!!

48. Tiluchi
    Thumb Up

Keep up the great work

No matter how, always get time to read on weekends all news, even past ones couldn't read, have all time to enjoy TReg's style and sarcasm, priceless!!!

Sorry guys, one vote for you to continue publishing on WE !!!

Regards from Bolivia.

49. harmjschoonhoven
    FAIL

Re: Regina Eggbert

Vulture eggs have brown spots.

This topic is closed for new posts.