back to article Oz telco results season! Telstra booms, Optus slides

Telstra continues to gorge on the Australian telecommunications market at the expense of its competitors, leaving Optus with a focus on squeezing efficiencies out of its operations to stay profitable. The incumbent and number-two carrier have both announced financial results today, telling starkly different stories. Telstra's …

1. Michael Hoffmann Silver badge

Nobody can be surprised

I don't *want* to be with Telstra, but if you live and travel throughout regional Australia, your choice is Telstra or nothing, if you want any sort of acceptable coverage. "Acceptable" being 2 bubbles with Telstra - unless I walk out of the house, hold my phone over my head at arm's length and yell upward.

1. southen bastard

Re: Nobody can be surprised

Totaly agree

2. southen bastard

customer service not required

goes to show that you dont have to be nice to your customers, big or small, to become a monoplie.

We have a new moto for telstra, well knowen to any one who deals with their service dapt "TELSTRA LIES" , its allways a fault at your end, even when you can see the optic fiber hanging out of the back hoe bucket from the window.

We hate them but if you want even shitty coverage you have to have them.

Comon optus put up some more towers so we can defect from the evil.................

Service disconected

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like