back to article Japan scrubs Antarctic whale hunt

Japan's Antarctic whaling fleet has called it a day for this season following the recent fire aboard its main vessel the Nisshin Maru, Reuters reports. The ship suffered an engine room fire earlier this month which forced a partial evacuation of the crew. One crew member died during the incident. Although the 8,000-ton Nisshin …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt

Lets hunt tree hugging hippies instead

It'd be fun and I bet they'd taste better anyway.

Sure it proberbly wouldn't be much sport what with afformentioned hippies not owning any spines. But it could be a laugh for a little while.

I think the hippies should all go live in the jungle while they can and leave the rest of us to our own devices.

P.S. me and my mates want to do a world tour eating as many endangered and cute animals as possible. Whale is high up our list (even though it apparently tastes terrible.)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

actually..

Actually, the Japanese ship rammed the Sea Shepherd ship. Twice!(something which the Aussie police are currently investigating)

Also, if you are a fan of gourmet whale meat, the stuff coming off that ship might be a bit chewy seeing as the refrigeration got shut down along with all the other electrics from the fire, and it's had rather a lot of fire fighting chemicals dumped all over it.

3. Adam

I have respect for the Japs

They are bloody clever - but french connection uk me - why is this still going on - haven't we deceided that the whales are also quite clever and shouldn't be basically tortured both phyically once caught and then mentally for the others in the 'pod' when one doesn't come back - ffs WE DONT OWN THE EARTH - we share it - selfish selfish

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Eating endangered animals

In relation to your comment about eating endangered animals. Cool. I'm endangered. Why don't you and your dumb student friends come and have a go here son. I'll beat you and your wacky contentious views into submission with a pick axe - seal meat style. Give us all a nice flavour of things huh?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lets all go on a Dolphin hunt!

Just like the traditional Japanese Dolphin hunt where they drive them into shallow water and the local villagers butcher them.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like